🌞Chapter 37🌻

🌞🌻

Gulf knew where he would go. To Mew's apartment. He just wanted to see Mew's face, to hear his voice.

Gulf hurried down the now-familiar street. If he walked straight in this road and then took a right, he'd be at Mew's apartment building. If it were a weekday, this road would be full of business people making their way home, but at he moment, it was empty.

He wanted to run as fast as he could, but he'd been walking all evening, and he couldn't get his feet to cooperate anymore.

'Where's Mew?' he wondered, forcing his tired legs to move. He'd tried calling Mew again once he'd exited the station, but there had been no answer on either his cell or him home phone. 'Could he have been in an accident? What if he was sick?' But if that was the case, Yaya would have called him. He didn't have a clue where Mew was likely to have gone , and it left him feeling miserable.

'I really don't know anything about Mew.'

He'd never had to search like this for his lover before. He'd never needed to, because Mew had always been there.

'I shouldn't have taken that for granted,' Gulf thought.

Mew had always been so sweet to him, always treated him well, and yet Gulf had been scared of feeling too much for him? It was ridiculous. Gulf felt miserable, and he was about to cry again. He gritted his teeth to hold back his tears, and turned right under the flickering streetlights. When he did so, he saw a figure heading toward him from the opppsite direction.

"Mew!" Gulf yelled without thinking.

The figure jumped.

The road was dark, with only the light from the streetlamps, and neon signs, but Gulf can tell that it was Mew. He felt something warm explode inside his heart, making him gasp. The one he'd been searching for was finally right before his eyes. Mew was right there!

"Mew!" Gulf yelled again. He took off, forgetting the pain in his feet. He ran to Mew and threw his arms around the man. Mew stepped back a little, but he held Gulf tightly.

"Gulf?" he said hesitantly.

Gulf clung to Mew. He could feel the heat of the man's body through his shirt, reminding him that Mew was here, and that this was real.

"Where...where have you...?" 'Where have you been?' he meant to say, but he choked up. He was having trouble breathing, but he didn't know if it was because he'd run so fast, or if he was just so happy to see Mew.

"I...called...but...you didn't...answer...I was so...worried...I went...looking..." Gulf said brokenly.

"You okay?" Mew asked quickly. He stroked Gulf's back.

Gulf was breathing a sigh of relief when Mew took hold of both his shoulders and gently moved him away. Gulf looked up at Mew with tear-filled eyes, unable to comprehend this. Mew was looking down at him with a hurt expression. His frown was deep enough to cause worry lines and his dark eyes looked anxious. Even in the dim light of the street, Gulf could clearly see the pain in his face. Gulf had never seen Mew look like that. And it shocked him. Mew seemed like a different person from the man who had always looked Gulf directly in the eye.

TBC

Fevered Kiss (MewGulf AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें