🌞Chapter 14🌻

🌞🌻

He looked over his shoulder to see Mew running toward them. Gulf tried to bolt, but Yaya's arm held him fast.

"P'Yaya, please!" Gulf cried, panicked. He couldn't bear to watch them together---not so up close. But he couldn't very well confess his feelings in front of Yaya. He was the one who'd fallen in love with a guy who was already taken.

Yaya gripped his arm tightly and didn't let go. "Don't run away, Gulf. Give him a taste of his own medicine. There's no reason for you to be the only one worrying."

"What do you mean?"

"It's okay. Leave it to me," Yaya said with a smirk that seemed out of place in such a beautiful face. She glared at Mew as he caught up to then. "What do you want?" she asked cuttingly.

"Me? What do you want?" Mew panted, glaring back at Yaya.

"I came to see how you and Gulf we're doing. You really are thick, you know that?"

"What do you mean thick?"

"You didn't tell him anything. I thought you talked to him yesterday and settled it all. What the heck are you doing, making Gulf cry his eyes out like this?"

Gulf just stood there, overwhelmed by Mew and Yaya, who glared at each other dangerously, but then, he flinched. He'd known he didn't look good, but he hadn't known it was too obvious that he'd been crying. He hurriedly looked down at the ground. He hadn't wanted Mew to know he'd cried. He didn't know what to say if Mew asked him why. It wasn't like he could tell Mew he'd been crying because he was inlove with him.

Gulf pressed his lips together, embarrassed at the sheer awkwardness of the situation, when Mew grabbed his arm.

"Stay out of my love life!" Mew threatened, pulling Gulf toward him.

Gulf looked up in shock.

Mew hugged him tightly. "And stop groping Gulf like that!"

"If that's how you're going to be, you shouldn't have asked me to pretend to be your girlfriend in the first place! And don't call me 'Yaya'. The only one who's allowed to call me that is Thaweesak." Yaya balled her hands into fists and started pounding Mew's stomach.

"Oomph!" Mew coughed.

Yaya snorted. Then she turned back to Gulf, who was standing there in shock, and smiled at him. "I'm sorry, Gulf. I'm not Mew's girlfriend. I'm his aunt."

"His aunt?"

"Right. I'm Mew's mother's brother's wife."

'His aunt? His aunt? What is going on here?' Gulf looked up at Mew, feeling totally confused.

Mew was glaring at Yaya, his eyes watering. "Don't say anything else. I'm gonna tell him."

"Oh, you are? You're sure taking your time about it. I came here to talk to Gulf, but then you show up. Too bad." Yaya sighed and then looked over at Gulf with a renewed smile. "Well, I guess I'll have something to look forward to. Gulf, my nephew is an idiot, but I hope he makes you happy."

Yaya bowed slightly and then walked off without waiting for an answer.

Gulf watched her slim figure go, he stood rooted to the spot.

'What's going on? What's Mew going to tell him? That girl isn't Mew's girlfriend? She's his aunt? But she's so young...' He didn't get it all.

"Dammit. She's got a black belt! Why'd she have to hit me so hard?"

The growling, low voice by his side brought Gulf back to himself. Mew still had his arms around Gulf. He was so warm. Hot, even. A tear slipped, unbidden, down Gulf's cheek. Gulf covered his face with his hands. He couldn't stop. He'd thought he'd cried himself out last night, but the warmth enveloping him made him so happy and yet, so sad, that he couldn't keep himself from crying.

'It wasn't just the kisses. I wanted him to hold me like this. I wanted him to love me---not just with his body, but with his heart.'

"Gulf? Gulf, what is it? Did Yaya do something to you?" Mew's anxious voice floated down to him. He'd never heard Mew sound like that before.

Gulf shook his head. 'No, you're the one who did something to me. You're the one who made me feel this way.'

"I love you," Gulf whispered. He hadn't meant to say it, but he couldn't hold it back any longer. "I love you, Mew." The whisper was almost a sob. He clutched tightly at Mew, unable to put into words the depth of the love he felt.

He forgot that they were on a busy sidewalk in broad daylight. He forgot that Mew might hate him now that he knew how Gulf felt. All that mattered to him was the warmth of Mew's arms around him.

"Gulf..." Mew said, his own voice full of emotion. "I love you too."

Said in that deep voice, the words shocked Gulf. He looked up to see Mew frowning, his dark eyes moist with heat.

'What did Mew just say?'

"We can't talk here. Come to my place," Mew whispered gently. He took Gulf's arm and started to walk, but Gulf couldn't respond.

'I love you?'

'You love who?'

'Who did he say he love?'

TBC