imprint

I ran in the door because I was way late getting home. After talking and Paul showing me what he could do I realized the time and ran home. I ran in the door and tried to catch my breath. I walked in the living room to see my dad sitting there.

"I'm so sorry dad. I was talking to Paul."

"That's fine." He said waving his hand in the air.

"Wait your not mad?"

"No, now did he explain?"

"Yes. Wait you knew?"

"Honey I am on the tribal council and cheif so yes I knew."

"And you didn't tell me!?"

"I couldn't. Now that you know you can't tell Jake." I sat on the couch.

"Why not?"

"You just can't Luc. But I am pretty sure he will phase." I nodded.

"Ok daddy."

That night I got in my PJ's and got in to bed. My phone went off on my night stand. I reached over and grabbed it. It was a text from Paul.

Paul: hey since tomorrow is Sauturday I was wondering if we could retry that date

Me: I would like that

Paul: ok I'll pick you up at noon tomorrow

I woke up the next morning I felt pretty happy. I got up and started breakfast for everybody. We all sat around the table. "Got any plans Jake?"

"I'm going to work on the rabbit."

"What about you Luc?" Dad asked.

"Paul is coming to get me for a date." Jake spit out the water he had just drank.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm going him a second chance."

"Dad, are you ok with this?!" We both looked at our dad.

"Yes I'm ok with it."

"Unbelivable." Jake said as he went back to his food. My dad looked up at me smiling as he winked at me. I felt the blush come to my cheeks.

I got up and put my plate in the sink and went to go get ready. I chose a t shirt that was a forest green with jeans. I left my hair as it was. I still had time to kill so I grabbed my book and went and sat in the living room to read.

Pretty soon a knock came on the door. I got up to answer it. Paul looked very handsome he had on a black tight t-shirt that showed off his muscles. Paired with it was jeans. " Hey Lucy. You ready?"

"Ya. Bye Dad!" I yelled as I closed the door. He held the door opened to his truck and helped me get in. He went around the other side and got it. "Where we going?"

"You'll find out." He said sending me a wink. A blush rose in my cheeks.

"Ok a couple other things about being a wolf. Ok so as we are in wolf form  we can hear each other's thoughts and see what they are seeing."

"That's neat."

"It's helpful in battle but not really for privacy." He talked more about being a wolf. I don't even know that we had parked. We had parked at a cafe on the res. It was one of my favorite places to eat.

"I love this place. How did you know?"

"It's one of my favorite places to eat and it's about the only cafe around here." He wasn't wrong.  We walked in and order. I swear he order everything.

"Ooo ya wolfs eat a lot. Like a lot."

"I couldn't tell." I said laughing. We had finished our food and was just sitting a talking. "Ok anything else I need to know about wolfs?"

"Well if we usually never wear a shirt and mostly run around in shorts." Seeing Paul shirtless all the time. That wouldn't be such a bad thing.

"Ok anything else?"

"Um." He rubbed the back of his neck.
"We have this thing called imprinting." I cocked my head. I had never heard of that word.

"What is that?"

"It's where we wolfs find our soul mate but more intense. It's like gravity moved. It's like gravity isn't holding you here on this earth. It's her. You would do anything for her. You can be what ever she wants you to be a friend, a brother, or a lover."

"Are they just one of those things?"

"No we can be several."

"It sounds amazing. Never having to worry about trying to find somebody else to love you." I sigh dreamy. "You sound like you have experience it."

"I have." I broke out of my dream like state. That's why he brought me here to tell me about his imprint and how he couldn't see me anymore.

"Ooo well I hope you and her are happy." I said trying to keep the tears at bay.

"I hope we will be to."

"Well then I should go." I said going to get up.

"Wait! Why? I thought we were having a good time?"

"We were but you need to be with your imprint." At this he started laughing. I didn't think this was funny. Not even a little bit.

"Lucy Black your my imprint."
Oooo. Ok wow.

"Really? Because if this is a joke it's not funny."

"No joke."

"So what does this mean?"

"What?"

"Does this mean that your my boyfreind? Or husband?"

"Whoa, whoa. Slow down. I don't have to be any of those."

"Ooo well how about we be friends and see where it goes?" He smiled at me as he nodded.