Epilogue

Jasmine Lahote Uley prov

I stood by my husband crying as they lowered my mom into the ground. My two brothers stood next to me with their wife's. All of the children were in front of me including my twin daughter and son. All of them crying because they had just lost their loving and doting grandma.  Our family had a huge hole in it now with out her here.

Mom had just turned 95 last month. The last thing she told me was to not worry about her and how she's was going to see my dad again. And how she loved me. I could tell she was ready. Dad had passed away 5 years ago. I could tell that she missed him something fierce. One at a time each of us  kids went in to tell her good bye. It had been such a bitter sweet moment for all of us. I watched as she passed in her sleep. I was so glad I had my brothers to rely on and my husband.

She was one of the last members of the ordinal pack members. Except for Seth that stood near by. Uncle Jake had died last year. Aunt Jess passed a year before that. That day and the one where my dad had passed, mom cried till she was to weak to do anything else. I was 20 when she told me that the ledges were true. And what she had done when she was still in high school. It was amazing to hear the story. Not just the story  But how she told it was so amazing. She told it right along side dad and Uncle Jake. She told the main parts but they would chime in when she forgot something or to put there point in. They worked so well together like a oiled machine.
As for my husband his parents Sam and Emily passed away two year before my dad. My mom said they always teased that we would get together. When I told them we were dating dad slapped a 20 dollar bill in mom's hands. She just smile and said I told you so. Yes you did he replied and kissed her. I missed my dad deeply. He was a great dad. I'm glad my baby's got to know him a little. And that he got to know them too.  I know that now mom would get to see everybody. Including her dad. But she would also get to see her mom. Her mom died when she was young. I knew my mom would be happy to see every one again. 
I

 know mom would be happy to be back up there but she would be deeply missed down here. The whole rez was here to mourn and honer her. She touch many lives down her. When ever we told the ledges we told the story of her. Witch was no legend. It was the true story of what she accomplished.  We will always rember Lucy Black Lahote. A wife, a daughter, a sister, a mother, a grandmother, a fighter, a healer.
"Love you mom." I whispered softly.

A/N I have loved writing this story. I hope you have loved it as much as I have.