Love and war

I wrapped my brother in to a hug. His arms wrapped around me. I shut my eyes trying to keep the tears at bay. This would be the last time I would see him till after the battle. "Be careful." 

"I will. I'll see you after ok?" 

"Ok." He turned and went into the woods.

"You ready to go?" Paul asked from behind me. He held my duffel bag in his hand. 

"Ya." We went and got in to his pick up. My dad was over at the Clearwater's house. He and Charlie would be fishing for the battle tomorrow. Me and Paul wanted to be together before tomorrow so we were going to his house.

Paul's father went all over the place for work. So he wasn't really home. He might come home once every year and only stay a week. But he would send a good chunk of his pay check every month so I guess that was good. So that Paul wouldn't have to worry about paying for the house by himself. His mother left when Paul was 8 or so.

"Luc? Lucy?" Paul asked snapping me out of my thoughts. I hadn't even noticed that he had stopped to pick up the pizza that we ordered. 

"Hum?" 

"What's wrong?" 

"Just nervous for tomorrow." He grabbed my hand and held it. 

"I know but everything is going to be ok." He parked the truck and turned it off. A cute log house sat in front of us. We got out and he led me inside.

The front door opened up onto the living room. It was nice and opened. A love seat and couch was pointed towards the TV. A half wall split the living room from the kitchen and dining room. The kitchen and dinning room was one room. "Want to see my room?" I nodded and smiled. He led my down a narrow hall way. 

"How many rooms are there?" 

"4 counting the master bed room. There is a bathroom connected to the master and another one."  He led me into a bedroom. "This is my room and also the master bed room."
The bed was in the middle of the room. Beside it were windows on each side of it. A desk was over in one of the corners of the room. A couple posters were hung on the walls.
"Why don't you get settled? I'm going to set the table." 

"Ok." He smiled a left. I went and sat on the bed. The whole room smelled like Paul and I loved it. I set my bag down and grabbed my hair brush. I ran it through hair before going out.

"Ready to eat?" I nodded yes. We ate and talked. After we sat on the couch. A movie played in the background but we weren't pay attention. We were too busy making out. I broke apart from Paul. "Are you ok?" 

"I'm fine Paul." I said a little out of breath. "I want to go all the way." I stated. His eyes went wide. 

"Are you sure? I don't want you to feel like you have to do this." 

"Paul I'm sure. I want to do this. Your the only one and I love you." 

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes I'm sure."

The first streaks of sunlight streamed through the window into my eyes.  I opened my eyes. I looked over at Paul. He wore a smile on his face as he brushed through my hair with his fingers. Last nights events came back. A blush came to my cheeks. "How do you feel?" Paul asked with concern. 

"I feel great." I said with a smile. 

"Your so beautiful." His lips meet mine.

 "I hate to do this but we should probley get over to Emily's." He said after we pulled apart.

 "I don't want too." 

"I know." His lips meet mine.

As we walked to Emily's a strange thought crossed my mind. "Will the wolves be able to tell that we... you know?" Paul laughed. 

"Nah." He pulled my closer to him. I was nervous. 

"I don't want you to go." I said as we got to the porch. 

"I know but I have too." "I know just come home to me safe." I said as all the boys came out. They said hello to me as they passed. I said hello back. 

"Please be careful. I love you." 

"I love you too." He cupped my cheeks and pulled me into a kiss. It seemed like time stopped. 

"Come on lover-boy!" Jared called. Paul pecked my lips one last time before running to the boys. 

"Be careful all of you!" I called. I chorus of yes came. I watched them leave till I couldn't see them anymore. I sighed before going in.

All the imprints were here. It was me, Emily, Kim, and Claire who was Quil's imprint. "Hey Luc." Both Emily and Kim said. 

"Hey guys." Kim looked me up and down. 

"OMG! You and Paul slept together!" 

"What?" 

"You slept together!"  She grabbed my arm and pulled me to the table. She then pushed me into a chair.

"So did you?" Emily asked. 

"Yes." They both squealed. Then they both started shooting out questions. 

"Whoa! Slow down. One at a time." They both quieted down. "Before you start again I have my own question. How did you know?" 

"I'm not to sure you just seem to have a glow to you. So was it good?" The time seemed to go so slow. Even with things to do. It was about dark when Embry busted through the door. He looked around till our eyes meet. He can hustling over to me. 

"Lucy your brother been hurt."