Getting along well sort of

As I heard footsteps approach I lifted my head to see who it was. Jake stood in front of me. He had a black t shirt and a pair of jeans. His hair was wet. "Wow! I didn't know you even took showers." I teased him. He rolled his eyes playfully. 

"Where are you off to all dressed up?" I knew he was going some place special since he was wearing jeans instead of shorts.

"Bella's graduation party." I raised an eyebrow in question.

"Are you sure she wants you there?" Paul asked as he sat next to me. He put his hand in mine.

"Yes I'm sure she wants me there."

"Are you going alone?" I asked.

"No Quil and Embry are going.

"Can I go know mother?" He asked teasing. I guess." A smile came over my face.

"See you guys later! And no doing the nasty!" A blush came over my face. I was going to yell at him but he was already gone.

"Do you want to go down to the diner?" Paul asked.

"No I just want to stay here. It's just us since dad is at the Clearwater's house." Paul wiggled his eyebrows seductively at me. I rolled my eyes at him. I got up and put a movie in. I pushed play as I sat back down by Paul.

After a while I felt somebody staring at me. I looked over to see that it was Paul. "Why are you staring?"

"Because your beautiful." I shook my head at him. His hands cupped my cheeks and brought me closer. His lips meet mine. At first it was soft and gentle but as we keeped going it got more passionate. Paul lifted me up and put me on his lap. He pulled back. "So beautiful." I pulled him back and kissed him. We broke apart as my phone rang.

"Ugh." I groaned as I pulled further away to grab my phone off the small table. "What?" I said in the phone.

"Am I interrupting something?" Jake's voice asked. I could just see the smirk on his face.

"Yes!" I snapped at him. I had half the mind just to hang up on him.

"Sorry but I need you to come to the Cullens house as fast as you can."

"Why? What's going on?" I asked as I got off Paul.

"I'm not sure yet. They just said I needed to call you."

"Ok. Be there soon." Paul had heard what was going on. He had on his shoes on and the keys to the truck in his hands. I put my shoes on and slipped on my leather jacket that Paul had gave me and we made our way to the truck. Once in we started to the house.

I had just hung up with my dad as we pulled in to the drive way. Whoa. I thought. There house was huge. As we walked in Jake appeared and dragged us to an office in the house.

"Lucy, how are you?" Carlisle asked.

"I'm ok just confused." I scratched my wrist anxious. I was nervous and uncomfortable with 7 vampires looking at me

"So here is the situation. Victoria is coming down to Forks with an army of newborn vampires."

"When?" I asked.

"In four days." A black haired pixie looking vampire answered.

"What are they after?"

"Bella." Carslie answered.

"What does this mean?"

"It means an ugly fight with lives lost."

"And what do you want from us?"

"We were wondering if you would help."

I looked at the boys. Each one sent a nod to me. We wanted this thing over. They took Henry from us. One of our own. "We're in." I said folding my arms over my chest.

"What? No! You'll get yourselves killed." Bella called out.

"Please, it's what we are made for." Jake answered.

"Forget it." Ding ding said.

"Wasn't asking for permission."  They both were getting in each other's faces.

"That's enough." I said both boys moved back.

"Lucy do you think Sam will agree to this?"

"Yes."

"Jasper?" He called out to the roman noddle haired dude.

"It will give us the numbers. The newborns won't know about them. It will give us a edge."

"Carlisle don't they will get hurt." Bella's voice came again. We chose to ignore her.

"We will have to coordinate. Fighting newborns requires knowledge Jasper has. We were all ready planning to meet to go over strategy. Your welcome to join us."

"Name the time and place."

"Jake wait! You don't know what your getting in to."

"It's what we do. You should be happy. Look at us  working together. Your the one who wanted us to get along." Jake answered.

She was going to take a step towards him but one look from me she back up going to stand by Edward.

"Listen up! Just so I make myself clear." I started. "If any of my boys get hurt there will be hell to pay. And it will all be on your shoulders." I said looking at Bella.

"Is that a threat?" Edward snarled.

"No. It's a promise."

"Why you little."

I cut him off before he could finished. "Ah ah. Blood sucker. You wanted our help. It's not the other way around. If your looking for somebody to blame. Blame her." I said nodding at Bella. "Carlisle keep me updated."

"Of course."

"Good." And with that I walked out the door.