the alpha female

"Jacob quit hogging the pancakes!" I yelled playfully. He stuck his tounge out at me. Every since he phased it's like we were back to normal. Except he still doesn't like Paul or like that were imprints. And he won't stop pouting about Bella and not being able to tell her. The phone rang in the living room. I got up to get it. As I went passed I stole a pancake.

"Hello?" I answered as I took a bite.

"Hey it's Bella. Can I come vist jake?"

"No. Sorry he's still really sick."

"Why don't you have it?" I panicked for a second before

I said "I've already had it." I rolled my eyes at myself.

"I bet I you got it from Paul." I then rolled my eyes at her. She was about to say something else but I hung up the phone before she could.

The next day it was raining and  cold. I threw a blanket on my dad's legs to keep them warm. I put a pile of towels by the door for the boys knowing they would come home dripping wet. A knock came to the door. My dad went and got it since I was fixing dinner.

"I'm sorry Bella he's not home. He is out with friends. I think it is best if you leave." I rolled my eyes at her. Bella needed to her nose out of our business. I put the cooked fish into the oven to keep warm. I went and peaked out the window. There she sat in her pickup. I shook my head at her. One word came to my mind desperate. I sat on the couch with a blanket over me as I read my book.
Before long I heard the boys on the porch. I got up and opened the door.

"I don't think so." I held up a hand as they were about to come in to stop them. Jared who usually just came in even stopped. That was weird. I handed them towles to use to dry off. I watched as Jake talked to Bella. "What's he saying?" I asked Paul that was behind me with his arms wrapped around me keeping me warm.

"He's telling her to stay away. Sam made him do it."

"She won't listen." He hummed in agreement.

"Hey wait a minute. Since my dad is cheif shouldn't Jake be the alpha?"

"He could be if he wanted to. Since you guys are twins your the alpha female." I turned around to look at him.

"What is an alpha female?"

"Sam and Billy can explain." He grabbed my hand and leaded us inside. Everybody was all ready at the table eatting. Jake came in behind us. I grabbed his hand a gently squeezed it to let him know I was here for him. He squeezed it back. We grabbed a plate full of food and sat down.
"Hey dad what's an alpha female?" Dad looked at Sam. Sam waved his hand to tell him to tell me it.

" It is a very rare thing. It happened to my mom's parents. It always happens to twins. The boy twin is the alpha to the wolves. While the girl twin is the alpha of the people and the land. But can also leads the wolves when needed. She controls what happens on her land. Most of the time according to the ledges is she will imprint on one of the wolves. That way she can have more of a connection. You are very important and powerful Lucy." I sat there shocked and surprised.

"All hail alpha Lucy!" Embry shouted. I rolled my eyes but laughed.

"So one day I will be chief?"

"Yes."

"You guys better be nice to me!" Everybody laughed. Paul kissed my head after he finished laughing.

I sat on the couch as I read my book. Paul had his head in my lap asleep  as i played with his hair. It was getting late. I walk Paul to the door. I wrapped my arms around his neck. I could see the bags under his eyes. Since a red haired vampire was running around, the boys had more patrols. "Go get some sleep." He nodded his head. I kissed him. He kissed back. I watched him leave. I told my dad and Jake good night and went to bed. I changed into my pjs.

I was about to slid into my covers, when heard a tap on the window. I went over to it and saw Paul. I opened the window up. "What are you doing?"

"Look out." I stepped back as he climbed in the window. I went and sat on my bed as Paul closed the window. "I can't sleep with out you." He said quietly. I smiled at him.

"Come on." I patted the spot next to me as I climbed under the covers. He came over and got under the covers too. His arms wrapped around me as I turned the lights off.