the idiot

I meet up with Kim in front of my locker Monday at lunch. I shoved my books into my locker as I listened to Kim. I saw Paul and Jared down the hall way.

"Come on Kim." I grabbed her hand and led her to where the boys were. "Jared this is Kim. Kim, Jared." Jared froze as soon as they locked eyes. "Hey why don't you two go to lunch? I got to ask Paul about something." I grabbed Paul's hand and we left.

"Jared owes you big time!" Paul said as he laughed.

"Why?"

"Kim's jared's imprint."

"No way! She's has had a crush on him since 6th grade." I laughed.

"Your a match maker." He said as he hugged me. I saw Jake down the hall. "I'm going to go talk to Jake see you later."

"Hey Jake!" I called for him down the hall. He spun around to meet me.

"Hey Luc."

"Hey so we haven't spent much time together lately. So do you want to catch a movie this saturday?"

"Sure! The new marvel movie came out last week want to see that?"

"That sounds great! When we get home I'll buy the tickets." We smiled at each other as we walked into the lunch room.

I soon as I got home I bought the tickets. I was super excited.  It felt like me and Jake haven't spent any time together. Since Bella and Paul. Don't get me wrond I loved being with Paul and the pack. But I missed my twin. It would be way easier once he joined the Pack.

Saturday morning came. The movie started at 6 in Port Angeles. I slipped the last pancake on the plate and set it on the table. My dad was at the head of the table me on the left Jake was on the right. I watched as Jake figited nervous. "Jake our you excited about the movie tonight?" I asked trying to break the tension.

"Ya about that." He rubbed his neck nervously. I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Bella invited me to a movie tonight and I said I would go."

"And when did she asked?" It better be before me or I'm going to lose it.

"Tuesday."

"Damn  it Jake!" I threw my chair back. Tears came to my eyes. I slipped my shoes and jacket on.

"Lucy where are you going?" My dad asked.

"Out!" I slammed the door and headed for the beach. I ploped into the sand. I sat there for a while.

"Lucy?" Paul asked as he came up behind me. I turned my head to look at him. I'm sure my eyes were red and puffy.

"Hey what's wrong?" He asked sitting down and gathered me in his arms.

"Jake's just being a jerk."

"Why? What did he do know?" He asked as his finger tiped my chin up to look at him. His thumbs brushed away my tears.

"I asked him to see a movie with me tonight on Monday. I went home and bought the tickets. But now he said he can't go because he's going with Bella. So do you want to come and see a movie with me tonight?"

"I'm sorry about him. But I would nothing more then to come see a movie with you."

Around 5 there was a knock on the door. I fixed my ear ring as I opened it. There stood Paul. He had on a light blue t shirt that hugged his muscle. He also had on a leather jacket. That I knew very well he would shed off for me. Because I got cold very easily and a lot. "Bye dad." I yelled as I closed the door.

We made it to port Angeles in fairly good time. We talked and sang to the country station he had on in the truck. We got to the theater. We stood in line for popcorn. While in line I looked around for my idiot of a brother. I laughed and pointed to show Paul when I saw him and a blonde dude locked in a staring war.

I pulled Paul's leather jacket closer to me as we went into the movie.
The movie turned out to be really good. We came out to see Jake push the blonde kid. "Paul." He squeezed my hand letting me know that he saw it.

"Jacob! What in the world is going on?!" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Great! Now your following me and being my babysitter!" Paul let out a growl. I noticed that Jake was shaking. Jake turned and ran off. "Paul's he going to." I stoped knowing he would understand.

"I know. I got to go. Here's the keys be safe." He stole a quick kiss and ran off. I let out a sigh.

"Jake was our ride. How are we going to get home?" Bella's noisily voice came. I rolled my eyes.

"I guess I can drive you home." We were walking out to Paul's truck. I noticed that the rabbit was gone.
We were all packed in Paul's truck. I was driving, Bella was next to me and her friend that was looking a little green was in the passagner seat. "If you throw up do it outside of the truck because if you don't , Paul will kick your ass." He nodded his head at me.

I dropped Bella's friends who name i leared was named Mike off. Bella slid  over. "Do you think Jake will be ok?"

"He will be fine. He is just sick. Mono has been going around." Mono really Lucy? That's the best sickness you could come up with? I mentally rolled my eyes at myself. I dropped Bella off with out another word being said.

I parked the truck. I passed by the rabbit as I went into the house. I slipped my shoes off. I went and sat by my dad at the table. "Jacob is going to phase. And I told Bella he had mono." My dad looked at me funny. "It was the first thing that came into my mind."

"Lucy." My dad grabbed my hand and held it. "I know that having Bella around and Jake spending all his time with her and being an idiot has been hard on you. I just wanted to let you know I'm proud of you." He kissed my hand. I gave him a soft smile.

"Thanks dad." I kissed his head as I headed for bed.