Date

Lucy's prov

"Go away please! Can't a girl get to her locker?" I asked all the boys that had gathered by my locker to try to ask me out. To which they all got the same answer. No. I pushed them away So that I could get to my locker. I did my combination to my locker and opened it. I started shoving my books that I needed into my bag. Once I was done I slammed my locker shut and swam through the sea of boys.

As I started down the hall way and voice came calling my name. I turned to see who it was. It was Paul. My heart beat got a little faster as he approached me.

"Hey Lucy!"

"Hi Paul. How's it going?" I was trying my best to keep cool.

"I'm doing good. But I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me sometime?" A blush creeped into my cheeks.

"Sure I would like that." I said smiling. His whole face lit up like a kid at Christmas.

"Ok... wow. Sorry I didn't think you would say yes. How's Friday for you?"

"Friday's great. Do you have a pen so I can give you my phone number?" He dug around in his bag for one. He found one and handed it to me. His hand felt hot against mine. I turned the hand and wrote my number out.

"Are you feeling ok? Your hand is really hot."

"I feel great! See you friday!" He said running away. I laughed a little. As I made my way out of the school to my twin and friends.

"Did I see you just say yes to Paul?" Embry asked. I shoot him a look that said shut up.

"I thought you didn't like anybody Luc?" Jake asked.

"You never asked." I said looking  up at him. He was about a half a head taller then me.

"Your very right Luc. Come on let's get home."

"Ok. Bye Quil, bye Embry!" Me and Jake started the walk home. As soon as we got home Jake we straight to the kitchen. I followed behind but instead of going to the fridge I went and sat at the table by my dad.

"Hey dad."

"Hey Lucy. Anything new today?"

Before I could even open my mouth Jake yelled "Ya Paul asked her out on a date and she said yes." A look passed over my dad's face but he masked it over quickly.

"Well good for you. I guess."

"Don't worry dad it's just a date." He laughed at me.

"Come on kids. Let's get this truck over to Charlie's house."

"Ok. Jake are you driving the truck with dad? Or the black truck?"

"You can drive with dad." I nodded and went to pull it around. We got to Charlie's and everybody was off doing their own thing. Dad was playing around with Charlie. Jacob was talking to Bella. Everybody had seemed to forget about me. I just shugged. That was fine by me. I went over to the black truck and pulled out one of my book that I keeped in there for times like these. I went over and sat on the hood. I opened my book and went into the life of being a shadowhunter. My heart squeezed with something my  book crush did. I mean Jace sounded so hot. A hand on my shoulder had me come out of my thoughts about Jace.

"Bella this is Lucy Black. Jacob's twin."

"Hi. I'm the smarter, and funnier twin."

"Hey!" Jake said glaring at me. I smiled at him.

"And I'm going to pretend like I didn't see both of you driving." I rolled my eyes at him.

"We are getting our drivers license  tomorrow." I was happy for that. I hated walking to and from school. We all sat in the cab on the way home. My phone dinged. I grabbed it and looked at the text. "Hey this is Paul. I'll pick you up around 7."

"Sounds good." I texted back.

****

I sprayed a bit of perfume on me as I looked in the mirror. I had light jeans with a red long sleeve shirt. I went out of my bed room and into the living room. It was only 6:30 so I still had a bit of time before he would come. I sat on the couch reading my book. An hour passed and then another. Paul still hadn't came. "I'll give him another hour then I'll call him." I told myself since both boys went to Charlie and Bella's house to watch the game. I pulled my phone out and hit the call button.

"Hey this is Paul leave a message."

"Hi Paul it's Lucy Black. I haven't heard from you. I hope you didn't forget about our date. Ok um bye." I bite my lip as I hung up. So much for our date. 

I knew I shouldn't be getting my hopes up. But I thought he really liked me. To get to know about me. Like me for me not just for my looks or to go tell his friends that I said yes to him. I should have known better. Paul was just a man hoe that wanted to get with any girl he could.