brother

I went into the house. I took a couple deep breaths trying to calm down. I knocked on Jake's door. I didn't even wait for a reply. I went inside and pulled a chair closer to his bed. He was dripping with sweat. "You look like crap Jake." I said lightly. He chuckled. 

"Sorry to say Luc you don't look very good either." It was my turn to chuckle. "Did you hear what went on out there?" I asked as I scratched my wrist anxiety. He nodded his head yes. "Are you mad?" I asked. 

"Nah. I'm not mad." My mouth dropped in shock. I thought he would be pissed at me. 

"Why aren't you mad at me? I thought you loved her?"

"I did but today helped me realize that she never loved me. She was just using me to pick up the pieces. It sucks because I thought she loved me. When he came back, I should have known that she would go back to him. I should have known that she didn't love me. I'm so sorry I didn't belive you. Can you ever forgive me for all of it?"

"Jake I forgave you a long time ago. Love makes you do stupid things. I promise that we will find you the right girl. It make take a while but we will find her." 

"Ok Luc. Also I am very proud of you. You did a great job handling Bella." 

"Thanks Jake." 

"Also having Leah take her was a nice touch." He said with a smile. 

"Right?! I thought so too!" We both laughed.

A knock came to the door. "Come in." We both called out. Leah came in.

 "Any trouble?" I asked.

 "Nope. The leech got in the truck and took off. Bella was silent the whole way. What you did was cool Luc."

 "Thanks. And thank you for taking here Leah." 

"Not a problem. It was my pleasure to show her off." Leah said with a smile. Her smile slowly fade as she looked at Jake. "I'm so sorry Jake. I'm the reason why you got hurt." 

"It's ok Leah. Really. I'm fine plus I'd rather it be me then you." Leah nodded and left. 

"Your going to be a great alpha." I told him.

"Your going to make a great chief. We make a great team." 

"Yes we are. I almost forgot to tell you. The Cullens are leaving next week." 

"Serious?" I nodded excitedly. I stayed and talked a while longer before I got up to go. "Hey Luc  quick question. Why do you smell like  Paul?" He asked with a smirk. I felt the blush come to my cheeks. 

"Paul said you guys wouldn't know." Jake smirked more. "He lied to me?" Jake nodded. "I'm going to kill him!" 

"Run Paul run!" Quil yelled. Paul chuckled nervously. 

"She won't kill me she loves me. Right?" He asked worried. I let out a laugh. "Ooo crap." Paul said.