Academy

(Konahagukure No Sato)

Hiruzen Sarutobi sat in front of the head of the Nara clan, along with their long term allies Yamanaka and the Akimichi. The Yamanaka and the Akimichi clan, Inoichi and Chouza respectively, still had some amused glint in their eyes, especially because of some recent happenings that had occurred in the Nara Residence, and the target of their amusement was the recently freshened up, Nara Clan Head, The Jounin commander, the man that boasts of having an IQ that's over 9000, Shikaku Nara.

The reason for that is.

Apparently Shikaku was trying to create a new Jutsu from scratch. What was the technique?

Well apparently it should've allowed him travel and jump in between the shadows of others and becoming one with the shadow, while also allowing him to take control of their targets while hiding in the shadow. While the technique could be extremely useful, the only problem was that it was right now only a theory, and the practical was supposed to miles away.

But somehow Shikaku was able to actually use the technique.

Just not in the proper manner and several problems had come to light regarding the technique.

So when Shikaku tried to apply the technique, the first kink and the most obvious one he noticed was that the technique, because it was in its infancy, consumed a lot of chakra. Well that could be rectified, Shikaku noticed as he used the technique that most of the chakra he was using was going waste. So he is now trying to find a way to get rid of that.

The second problem that came to light was that the technique required an absurd amount of concentration for him to control it. A single lapse could result in catastrophic failures that could bring harm to the user's life, as he learned it the hard way when he almost suffocated himself in the shadows, he had never been as proud of his fellow clansmen that he had been on that day as they were able to briefly use the technique which was very shabby but still good enough to save his life, also it could result in you being struck in the shadows in a very iffy positions, which are not good for your pride.

Now the third problem, as the technique was still in its infancy it could only be used on inanimate and stationary objects. This is still quite a big feat, as it could still be used for infiltration. But the ultimate goal of the technique was for the user to hide in the shadow of a person, who is neither inanimate nor stationary, which for them is a failure.

Now came the last problem which was the biggest of them all. He didn't inform the leader of the village about the development of said technique. Truthfully it wouldn't have mattered much if the leader actively tries to ignore it, for it comes under clan regulations, only if it doesn't comes in the eyes of kage, which mostly happens in the battlefields and warzones, after which you explain to the Kage what your technique could do, and what would be the best use of it, so it wasn't much of a problem that needed a lot of work.

The thing that needed work was something else entirely.

"So." Hiruzen began as he looked at the Nara Clan head. "Your clan also tried to replicate a technique from the traits of the Dragon slayer bloodline."

"It's just insurance, Lord Hokage." Shikaku said while shrugging his shoulders in a nonchalant manner. "As you know that the bloodline of the Dragon is quite a......"

"Freaky?" Inoichi spoke.

"Unfair?" Chouza gave his own input.

"Extremely troublesome?" The Kage gave his own input.

"I was going with how it was well versatile but those words can also be used so yes?" He said in a questioning manner. "Back to the topic, we all now know that they can develop a technique from all of the clan so every other Clan has decided to create a few Jutsus that it may give them some kind of advantage over the dragon slayer bloodline."

"Including the Kurama clan?" The Kage asks.

"They included." Shikaku confirmed. "While they've been unable to attend the most of the council meetings because of the condition of their heir, recently she has been getting better because of recently promoted Jounin Kurenai and the kids." The Kage raised an eyebrow in question. "It was an accidental meeting between her and Ino, Naruto and Kiba, and after that things happened."

"Then I am happy for them." Hiruzen spoke with a smile seeing that for the first time in his life something was going good. "And for you too, and it came at a good timing that you were able to, at least somewhat, create a technique against a dragon slayer." The three of them turned to look at the Kage in confusion.

"And why is that Lord Hokage?" Inoichi asks the question as the leader of Konoha brought out a scroll from his sleeve.

"This letter is from Jiraiya." Hiruzen said as he also slid down three pictures, one a sketch and two clear photos, on the table towards the three who began examining them. "Apparently he came across two Uzumaki's during his search for Orochimaru, also met Tsunade in the same city."

"So he have found two Uzumaki's in his search?" Couza asks.

"One of whom is a legitimate dragon slayers." Hiruzen told the three who quickly whipped their heads to look in his direction as he pointed towards the photo of the red haired child. "To be exact she would be Poison Dragon Slayer, you know what this means, right Inoichi?"

"Yes, Lord Hokage." Inoichi nodded his head at the words. "But this also proves that the Dragon Slayer Bloodline is an Uzumaki bloodline."

"You are right." The Kage told them and then pointed towards the photo of the woman with a darker shade of red. "The Next one is Erza Scarlet-Uzumaki." Chouza took a sip of the tea that was provided to him. "And she is over three hundred years old." The moment he spoke that the Akimichi clan head spat out the tea he was drinking from his nose trills as he went into a coughing fit, Meanwhile Inoichi and Shikaku looked at their leader in shock, before looking down at the picture of the young woman and then back at their Kage.

"Did Lord Jiraiya was personally given photo of the woman in such a young form?" Shikaku asks. "Because I know that the Uzumaki have long life spans and vitality, but over three hundred years old and looking like this might be pushing it!" Chouza and Inoichi nodded their heads at the words.

"No apparently she looks that young and is three hundred years old." Hiruzen informed the three. "All because she was put in stasis with the use of a seal that kept her safe from everything that was outside the seal, including space and time."

"Such seal, only a seal master of a legendary level could do that, to create something that could not only keep human inside the pocket dimension of the seal and also to keep the human safe from time too." Chouza spoke as he got himself under control.

"Well she is able to create seals midair with use of signs and such." He informed the three. "She fought Orochimaru on equal footing and was able to overpower him, as she has a technique that allows her to fly and use countless weapons at the same time." The three were too stunned to ask him anything.

"I have several questions that I want to ask, but for the sake of keeping my mind sane I will ask just this." Shikaku spoke up. "If we look at her as a threat, where would she rank at?"

"From what Tusnade and Jiraiya were told while the two were interrogating her, she got the rank S when she was somewhere between 11 or 13." Shikaku rubbed his head at the words. "Also she is the partner of one Natsu Dragneel." Now that made the three to look at him in confusion.

"Natsu Dragneel?" Inoichi began. "Wasn't that the name of--------" "The person that wrote the initial letter left for Naruto by his parents, yes."

"But wouldn't that make her Naruto's grandmother in a way!" Chouza spoke up.

"It does." The Hokage said. "Also she told Jiraiya that Natsu Dragneel was also supposed to be here to help the dragon slayer to be prepared for two certain theats."

"Wait, Natsu Dragneel was also supposed to be here?" Chouza asks.