Academy VIII

(Konoha)

Konohagakure no Sato, the Village Hidden in the Leaf.

There was something about this place that attracted a lot of people, it could be because it house some of the best shinobi's in the Elemental Nation, but that would be what most of the residents will tell you, apart from that the lush green forest, the people themselves are quite colorful.

Not to mention the peace.

Ah the peace.

It's not something he could enjoy all the time and he doesn't want to jinx anything because he knows the peace is momentary, nothing but a fleeting moment, that could pass away if he doesn't enjoy it now.

Surrounded by the beautiful forests and the window to the nature. The village hidden in the leaves is one of the most peaceful village with a lot of greenery and sights to enjoy. Not mention when there are festivals and special occasions, the village lights up every time like never before.

One such occasion being how the dignitaries from the major villages would be coming together.

The hustle and bustle is something that Hiruzen enjoys looking over from time to time, enjoying the people and children laughing and having fun enjoying the activities that is happening because of the arrival that is supposed to happen today.

The Field Trips were going great in many ways but this was the first time the Kage of Suna would be coming here.

Alongside his whole family, who are among the current students that are coming for the field trip.

Not to mention the three children of the Kage are the current members of the student body to arrive for the educational field trip.

"So the Kaze Kage will be arriving shortly." Homura says as he came to stand beside Hiruzen.

"I know that, Homura."

"And Raikage will be arriving either a few minutes after or a few hours earlier, or they could arrive on the same time." Homura added again with a tight smile.

"I am well aware of that fact too." Hiruzen answers again.

"A group from Takigakure will arriving today too." A tick mark was forming over both Homura's and Hiruzen faces.

"I know."

"And the leader of Rebellion from Kiri will be here early tomorrow morning."

"Don't I know it."

"With the Leader of the Land of Iron will be here himself, tomorrow afternoon."

"Yes!"

"And then Iwa would be here the day after tomorrow."

"Now that would be a meet and greet of the year."

"And then Jiraiya with his entourage of people."

"Yes." Hiruzen answers.

"Is there anybody left." Homura begins as his pitch begins to rise. "Or better yet, why don't we just invite over the people who are left?! Why not call Amegakure too or Yukigakure or Hoshigakure or better yet, Otogakure, I mean Jiraiya and Tsunade are coming why not bring in your Third student!"

"Homura?" Hiruzen asks a bit bewildered.

"But why stop there, you know let's do some more things, let's invite some more people over, let's get Kusgakure too, and...and the Nadeshiko Village too."

"I think they will probably castrate the messenger who will go there." Hiruzen said.

"True." Homura said in midst of his rant. "So let's do this thing, let's get Kisaragi and Kagero village, and Jomae village, and did I mention Otogakure?"

"You did, and I know this seems like a lot of pressure."

"Oh it's not just a lot of pressure my old friend." Homura interrupted. "It's hell lot of pressure, I mean we don't have this much pressure during the Chunin exams, but this takes the cake, do you know most of us haven't slept for a few days." He pulled a stack of papers and pointed towards some of the people. "Your secratary is working even in her sleep." He then pointed towards Hiruzen's secretary who was most probably sleep walking. "I mean you've got most of...of the leaders coming here. And our leader is such an idiot that he couldn't manage to say something to them."

"Well I was hoping that my advisors and the council would be able to help me in this department." Hiruzen says and Homura looks at his Kage with anger laced red eyes. "Sorry?"

"You really don't have to be and you shouldn't be." Homura says and Hiruzen passes him a smile. "But you really should be."

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Hiruzen asks in confusion.

"It means that we all deserve something once this is all over." Homura answers with a finality in his voice. "I mean I have seen Shikaku working more and harder than what I think he would've have thought and hoped he would be doing in his entire life. No I think he thinks he has done all the work he could do in his life in the past few days and has no strength to do any more work. Ever!

"Really?" Hiruzen asks and Homura gives his leader another red laced angry glare.

"Really, really, Hiruzen!" Homura grits out. "I mean the amount of pressure all us have is breaking us, and no sleep, no time to eat and the preparation, all the preparation."

"Well, I will be paying for the meal when...when this is all over." Hiruzen offers.

"Oh not just a meal Hiruzen." Homura lifts a paper. "We have demands."

"Demands?" Hiruzen asks in incredulity.

"Yes, demands." Homura emphasizes. "Demands, that wishes to fulfilled."

"And what are these demands of yours?" Hiruzen asks.

"Well first, as you said, a meal."

"That's doable." Hiruzen answers.

"Not just random day to day meal, Hiruzen." Homura corrects. "We want a feast."

"A feast?"

"Yes a feast and not just a feast but a grand feast."

"And other."

"Paid Vacations."

"Paid Vacations?"

"Paid Vacations."

"Okay."

"Also let me just ask one thing." Homura begins. "What are the chances that this meeting will go down smoothly?"

"I think this seems a bit far-fetched, but I am hoping for hundred percent." Hiruzen says and not a moment later a loud blast, few curses, a big smoke and loud shout of Uzumaki courses through the streets of Konoha.

'So much for peace.' Hiruzen thought as he sees the smoke with a sigh.

"I can see the numbers in the hundred percent dwindling much quicker than my enthusiasm to greet the upcoming emissary or the clean up of that place, Lord Hokage."

"Do you want a raise?"

"It's already in the demands, Lord Hokage."