13

as you stared at mahito, your face was so blank that it seemed as though you were looking through him.

you didn't understand how mahito was weak and audacious.

how dare he sit there and try to taunt you about what you couldn't protect?

you weren't anyone's bodyguard, you had no obligation to protect him.

but then there's the human side of you, the one that longed for someone to care for and someone to love and protect and cherish.

you shoved aside that human part of you for the longest time, but that had its consequences.

human nature and curse instincts often clash against one another for majority, or dominance in the judgement of the brain. it wasn't common at all for a half curse child to be born, much less that they'd survive for this long.

so, as time went on, you experienced these clashes in your mind, between your human side and curse side, constantly fighting one another to try and gain control of the mind. as this went on, you would have essentially no control over your body, as your mind would go haywire.

and since you would no longer be able to restrain yourself, these were most commonly the periods that you destroyed whole continents, while not even fully conscious.

it all started, with a headache.

then it would escalate to a full on migraine. following that, it would increase to a complete shut down of your conscious was in order, as your conscious would split in two, halving itself into the curse side and the human side.

it was dangerous business, being around you during this time. it wasn't something you could control, it was something that simply happened, and when it did, your natural instincts kicked in to keep your body alive while your conscious was fighting against itself.

the most scary part of it all, was that if something went wrong and your conscious did not rejoin, your soul would also split in two, into the curse and human side, and if that happened...

as you continued looking at mahito, he remained blissfully unaware of what was going on, as a light headache began to ensue inside your head.

that wasn't a good sign, but you didn't want to let mahito get away with what he did.

while you still had majority of your conscious, you aggressively grabbed mahito's collar and held it up to your face, before narrowing your eyes at him.

lifting your head up, you teleported yourself into a nearby quasar.

in space.

yes, you were now in space.

perfectly able to breathe, perfectly fine.

however, mahito was anything but. he struggled to breathe, as there was zero oxygen in a quasar, and he, unlike you, needed oxygen to breathe.

you looked around the quasar around you, taking in the look of the young galaxy you had found yourself in.

they were always interesting places to look at, watching the inside of a black hole billions of times larger than the sun in our solar system.

you took in the darkness around you, and the empty space. there was barely any space, but at the same time, so much so you had no idea what to do with it. thus was the effect of the black hole.

sighing, you gave mahito an air bubble to breathe in. you felt the last bits of your conscious slip out, and the intense compression of pain that followed your conscious' split ensued.

you held your hands to the sides of your head in pain, clenching your teeth to try and prevent any sounds of discomfort to release itself from your lips.

you were now fully gone, and surviving in space, inside a black hole that went on for trillions and trillions of light years, inside a young galaxy, with a curse who was about 300 times weaker than you.

you were acting on pure survival instinct now, an instinct both your curse side and human side had in common, so was left alone, leaving your body with some type of defense as your mind fought.

a large surge of cursed energy fired up around the area, unable to be repressed any longer.

a large wave of it shot out, and hit mahito. due to the lack of gravity, he wasn't able to move around as well, and he was hit directly in the stomach.

due to its purity and high concentration, the cursed energy nearly ripped him in half.

there were small planets beginning to form with the debris and rocks that the black hole had collected over time, and you fired off pure cursed energy at everything and everyone, destroying small stars and planets everywhere, releasing gasses and debris everywhere.

back on earth, large amounts of debris, gas, and an unidentified source was detected in mass in a large and extremely far away galaxy, one that was far enough that humans wouldn't be able to decipher exactly what it was, but enough to be detectable.

it posed the question, why had this large amount of debris and gas been floating around in space if there was no signs of a supernova or star exploding?

and what in the world was the unidentified source they had detected?

as the human scientists pondered this question, you continued destroying the inside of the black hole.

the large gravity kept majority of the things inside, but gasses and small debris were escaping.

you destroyed the forming sun in the galaxy, followed by the planet that had grown to about 1/4 of the size of the sun.

the forming galaxy had become a space of debris, that floated around the emptiness unequivocally.

mahito was in complete shock. you hadn't attacked him yet, as you seemed to unconciously not harm anyone that was also a curse.

he was in complete awe of you. your strength, power, and complication of talents made you such a valuable asset to his plans, that he had no choice but to completely bow down to you as he couldn't help himself.

you were like a god, and he finally understood why everyone worshipped you the way they did.

somehow, he hadn't seen the amount of power you held until the moment you destroyed a whole galaxy just to vent.

and man, was he grateful he wasn't next.

after what he perceived to be around 10 minutes, the whole galaxy was destroyed.

the debris in the space formed around one another, creating an illusion of birds floating around the blackened background of empty space. every star that gave off light from gas, was now destroyed, leaving the whole area to be complete pitch black, if it weren't for your amounts of cursed energy being fired off, acting as a temporary light.

it didn't matter to you, though. you had incredible senses, that allowed you to detect movement and motion of gasses, which was not affected by space thanks to your unique desposition of being a curse formed from the galaxy.

you slowly gained consciousness, and your mind finally joined back together, leaving your head cool and level, after 13 minutes of complete hell.

you grabbed onto mahito, who was frantically trying to swim away in gravity, as the fear and excitement of you grew immensely after witnessing what you could do and the noticing of you regaining your consciousness.

you noticed mahito looking at you strangely, and leisurely grabbed his shirt again, as he continued trying his strange backstroke in space to get away from you.

you teleported back to earth, right on the beach.

mahito was still doing the strange backstroke, so growing annoyed, you dropped him to the ground, stepped on his annoying back, flipped him over and then kicked him into the ocean.

he continued doing his weird little backstroke, underwater.

sigh.