17

"Y/N NO! DON'T DO THIS! PLEASE!"

by the time the screaming voice went away, y/n had already shot up in her bed, breathing unsteadily.

this was the second time she had a strange dream while she was asleep, and given she didn't even need to sleep as a curse, it wasn't something she was familiar with.

dreams, sleep, eating. all these things were foreign to her. all her life, it wasn't about the luxuries, it was about her goals.

survive. find her father. bring her back.

and her most recent goal, to kill gojo satoru.

she had taken up residence in choso and her siblings' temporary home, a place secluded and away from the city, hidden away in a forest. originally, the home had belonged to an old couple that resided there, but they were immediately killed by choso. he would do anything to keep his family comfortable, after all.

after awakening and getting dressed in her usual attire, consisting of a suit and tie, without the blazer.

she walked down the hallway and straight out the door, a purpose keeping her pace steady and erasing her mind of the rough morning.

given they were in a forest, far, far away from the city and any other human, y/n felt comfortable completing today's goal, right here.

as she walked, she took notice of the way the leaves rustled in the slight breeze, the way the cool air felt across her skin, the way her shoes sounded as they hit the ground.

closing her eyes as she walked, she enjoyed the serenity. it was peaceful.

too peaceful.

her eyes shot open and she immediately jumped back several feet, her face hardened into a blank look that looked like it could truly kill you.

she immediately dropped her guard and stood up straight after seeing who was behind her.

"choso, don't do that. you know that we must exercise utmost caution when travelling, and you should know better than to sneak up on an alert ally." y/n scolded.

"sorry. i just noticed you weren't home, and trailed your cursed energy to here." choso replied.

"that's impressive, considering i was suppressing every inch of cursed energy in my body."

"how did you notice i was there, anyway? i was completely silent." choso questioned.

"a leaf rustled in the direction opposite than the way the wind flowed."

choso stood dumbfounded.

"what? really? that's all it was?" he asked.

she didn't answer, and instead continued towards her destination. choso understood the silent request to not follow, but he was concerned for his sister.

turning around, he began walking away, opposite of his sister, as both of their figures grew smaller, further away from one another, until they both would not be able to see one another, no matter how hard they tried.

y/n finally made it to her destination.

there was a clearing, large enough that it could comfortably fit her need, and concealed enough nobody would be able to see a thing.

taking in a deep breath, she walked towards the center of the clearing.

focusing as hard as she can, she tried her best to recall the faint memories she had. they seemed to grow weaker and weaker each day, the long distant past seemingly disappearing into non-existence as time passed.