16

'since i can bring her back.. i wonder if i can bring...'

your train of thought was cut off by the arrival of your 3 siblings, accompanied by mahito, who was still in his female form. you had insisted you got along with him better when he appeared more feminine, as for whatever reason, whenever he was in that form, he insisted on taking more showers and cleaning himself better. he claimed he felt 'more dirty' than usual, and had to wash his hair 'more than usual'.

"how often do you wash your hair anyway? you currently only go out to wash it, like, every 5 days, no? that's not too bad." y/n said.

"i used to only have to wash it like once a month! i didn't even know i had to wash it until geto told me my hair looked greasy!" mahito claimed upsetedly.

"speaking of whom, who is this 'geto' you talk of so frequently? you mention them commonly, as though i know who they are, and yet i've never met them." you pointed out.

mahito looked to choso, then looked back at y/n. sighing, mahito gestured for you to take a seat. ignoring him, you asked him to explain.

"well... as far as i know, geto is a curse user who has the same goals as us. he has useful intel about the current jujutsu sorcerers who we'll inevitably end up fighting, so that information will be crucial to defeating them, especially if they've got gojo satoru on their side." mahito explained.

"gojo satoru? he is not even close to being a threat. i could defeat him with my eyes closed. in fact, whenever we are to fight him, i will not open my eyes. he may be a formidable enemy for you weaklings, but for those with true power, he is nothing to worry about." you dismissively spoke.

"i wouldn't be so sure of that, miss y/n sukuna. gojo satoru's talents are nothing to brush off like that, as he's inherited both the six eyes and the limitless techniques, both powerful techniques within the famous gojo clan. i doubt even you could take him on that easily." 'geto suguru' spoke, entering the room casually.

"it seems you're unaware of how badly the quality of jujutsu sorcerers has fallen. in the golden age of jujutsu, gojo satoru would be an easy target. however, in this period, he's considered to be the most powerful?" y/n scoffed.

"how sad. they've fallen so far, and without even recognizing it themselves out of shame and refusal to admit they're weak."

"you seem to have quite confidence in your abilities. i must say, it's quite convincing." geto smirked.

"oh? it seems that you're using your brain quite well, wouldn't you agree, kam— geto?" y/n grinned, recognizing the speech of her former friend better than anyone.

"ah, well! i did enjoy our talk, but it seems i have somewhere else to be. the timing really is rotten, we were just getting acquainted." geto grinned smugly back at y/n.

"i suppose we'll meet again, someday."

"we always do." he whispered, only so you could hear, as he walked away, passing by you.

smirking crazily, you leaned back in your chair, your head tilted back as you stared at the ceiling.

"so.. that's geto, huh?"

after some time had passed, you ushered mahito, choso, eso, and kechizu, all out of the area you designated to stay in, claiming you couldn't stand their presences anymore and wanted some time to yourself.

you weren't exactly a socialite with them, typically only interacting for long periods with choso, or arguing with mahito as he insisted he wanted to change back to normal, with you retaliating that you'd destroy his head if he dared to change back. eso and kechizu mostly could not handle your silence and took it as a way of saying you did not like them, misinterpreting you completely, leading to the longest conversation you'd ever held with them, in which you explained why you hadn't been interacting with them.

after some explaining, they apologized and seemed to understand the way you operated a little better. you didn't outright say you enjoyed the solitude that isolation brought, or that you preferred being alone, as you had grown more mindful of their extremely pertinent human emotions.

you wanted to be more careful of what you said, not wanting to deal with their strange behaviour toward you when you insisted upon being alone, or when you told them you found it easier to hold a conversation with the other isolationist enjoyer being your sibling, choso.

they didn't question when you said you wanted alone time, as they understood you had been more social in the last few days than you had in 1,000 years.

in reality, you had just needed a private space to test out what you had been planning in mind for many many months now.

it had always been something you imagined was possible, but weren't sure how exactly to go about making it a reality.

but now you had a hypothesis in your head, one that you had laid out the preparations for, and you needed absolute soltitude for.

you would've done it out in public, but you didn't want to risk running into any jujutsu sorcerers while in the process, so you left yourself isolated so you could focus.

you decided to start with something simple to see if you had the right idea, deciding to recreate an earlier event you had done thoughtlessly.

focussing hard, and paying attention to every detail you could recall, you remade the soul of the cat you had remade all those days ago.

focussing on the details of its fur, its eye colour, fur colour, texture of the fur, how pink the pads on the paws were, what it's meow sounded like, and the exact copy of what it's soul looked like.

remaking the soul meant you had to remember what it looked like, and thanks to your insane memory, you had memorized the exact composition of its soul, merely from a momentary glance at it.

the downside to creating a soul instead of reviving one, was that it wouldn't have a body to go into, unless you made one. and making a full cat's body, drained about 1/4 of your cursed energy supply.

despite knowing every cursed energy saving and minimizing techniques you knew, for something like creating a living thing, you could make no exceptions lest there be deformaties or problems in the remake that alter your results profoundly.

after nearly 5 whole minutes of intense visualization and application of several different cursed techniques at the same time, a copy of the small cat finally appeared at your feet.

it looked the exact same as it did the day you saw it first. the fur, it's height and stature, it's behaviour. it retained every bit of information that made that cat unique to itself.

you were a bit tired, but imagining creating a human being that was infinitely more complex, keeping in mind the visualization of the human anatomy, details about that person, and the copy of their soul.

of course, the copy of the soul would produce the person perfectly as the soul remembers itself, regardless of how you imagine them, but the visualization greatly aids in the forming of the person's body and remaking of the soul, a single mistake in any of it could result in a terrible deformity, such as the lack of cursed energy or a huge missing trait that made that person useful.

which is why its crucial that you fully capture the soul of the girl, otherwise, you have no hope of bringing her back.

a sudden shock came upon you.

you were in surprise this hadn't come to you sooner, despite being such a prominent event in your life.

you could bring him back.