Chapter 33

Warnings: none
Word count: 730

It's been months and I apologise I've been busy with school but in return I'm posting the last two chapters today.

20 years have passed since Edward and I have been married and I convinced the Cullen family to stay in Forks so I could still see my mother. I could tell how bored everyone was, we didn't leave the house besides hunting.

I love my mother so much and I don't want to leave her but I know that I knew I had to make that decision.

I'd already talked to Edward and he encouraged me to do what I felt was what I wanted. I talked to Carlisle about it and he decided we would move to their home in Ithaca New York. We moved around twice since being in Ithaca and I'm retaking high school. Edward says is fun only the first few times you repeat then it starts to get repetitive, I've almost taken every subject there is to offer in high school.

Edward and I take the same classes, people don't approach us so we sit at the back. Edward and I finish our biology work so we talk for the rest of class. "Miss y/l/n and Cullen you're needed at front office" my teacher says, we both get up and walk to the office.

"What's this about?" I ask him "I don't know probably nothing" "You are needed at home" the woman says, Edward drives us home, we get out of the car and walk into the house.

As soon as we enter the house Edward grabs my arm "What?" I ask "Just know I'm here for you through everything" "You're scaring me" he walks into Carlisles study while I follow behind him.

"I'm sorry to pull you out of school but I wanted you both to be here." I already have a feeling it's about my mum.

I visited my mum often, she is currently sick in hospital but she is fighting her hardest to stay alive. I have been visiting her a lot more often but I also have to keep a low profile considering I'm supposed to be 20 years older than I look.

"I got a call from the hospital, they want you to come in because she's struggling, just in case. Edward you can go too, keep me as updated as you can." I grab Edward's hand for comfort "Thank you Carlisle" I stay calm as Edward drives back to Forks. I know she can make it through this, she's strong.

We walk through the hospital and outside her door we are greeted by nurses who update us on her situation, they predict she has two days to live. I walk in while Edward waits outside, I'd never seen my mum look so lifeless and there was nothing I could do about any of it.

I made sure to stay by her side ever second I could. She was in lots of pain so she couldn't focus much, she mainly slept to take her mind away from the pain. Edward would call Carlisle occasionally and tell him how it's going.

We stayed overnight in the waiting room. We pretended to sleep but it was peaceful, Edward comforted me and as I listened to my mum's breathing and heartbeat making sure she was alive.

My mind wandered off to memories of her in the past which made me upset that I didn't spend more time with her. My trip down memory lane was cut short when I heard her heart rate monitor started flatlining.

I quickly opened my eyes and started panicking. "Let them do their job" Edward says as nurses gather in the room. "You know you'll just get in the way" he says. I felt so much pain, i'd never felt this ever, it was stronger than anything I'd ever felt.

I wanted to scream but Edward had a way of calming me down just by his touch. We waited and watched as they tried to start her heart again

"If I can get them out of the way maybe I can bite her and bring her back" Edward knew that it wasn't a possibility. "She wouldn't want that, you know she wouldn't" "I can't lose her yet" "It's okay, you've prepared yourself for this day" "There is no way I could have prepared myself for all of this."

The nurses gave us the news I dreaded. I didn't take it well.