Chapter 13

Word count: 535
Warnings: none

I take a week off school to fully move into our new house, it's such a beautiful house and it's just the right size for us to live in. Edward helps me move in while my mother goes to work. Edward and I are usually a great team but today we mostly goofed around

"Okay! Okay! We have to get back to work" "You do know I can easily have all this unpacked in a day?" "I know you can but my mother would be very suspicious how one very lazy girl can unpack that many boxes in a day" "You're right"

I hope I'm not missing out on anything important at school because I don't want to fail and that means I'll have to redo senior year and I won't graduate and not graduations means

"We are unpacking boxes, stop overthinking" he says "God, I hate it when you do that" "I can't help it, you're always overthinking and your thoughts are so damn loud" I laugh

"That's cool, I don't think I'll ever get used to that" "You will, once you get really sick of it you will block out your thoughts"

"So when I become a vampire will I get mind reading too?" "No, not everyone gets an extra ability. Your strongest ability is enhanced, such as Emmett's strength"

"So how do I get the ability?" "You don't, it comes naturally, you might not get it straight away it might develop over time but not everyone has it, I don't want to get your hopes up."

Edward leaves a few minutes before my mother comes home.

"Hi darling, how was your day?" "Pretty good, I think the boxes will be unpacked in a few days and everything will be all moved in"

"Thats Great! I was thinking tomorrow Edward could come over for dinner" "Oh I'm not sure I'll have to ask him, he usually has a family dinner so he might not be able to make it.

I invite Edward over for after dinner that next evening after packing boxes with him for the whole day, we finished just in time before my mother got home.

"So did you text Edward?" "Yes I did he can't make it for dinner but is happy to stay the night?"

"You know I don't like it when boys stay the night" "I know but we will have the door open and you room is right down the hall from mine, plus Edward is old fashioned he doesn't want me for sex he wants marriage before that."

"As long as you're keeping the door open" "Great! He's coming at 8 tonight!" "Okay great"

My mother and I eat dinner together and shortly Edward comes over. He talks to my mother because he seems to like talking to her and my mother gets quite enchanted by Edward.

But after the long conversations about adult stuff that Edward should not care about because he's supposed to be 17.

We go back to my room. Edward doesn't like cuddling much for two reasons, the main reason being he hates to make me cold but he's really not that cold once I'm in bed cuddled up.