Chapter 19

Word count: 683
Warnings: none

We tracked down where my dad was and he agreed to talk. The one problem is my mother, I haven't told her my plans yet and I don't know how she will take it.

"Hey mum, can we talk?" "Of course, what's on your mind?" "I contacted dad" "You did?" "I want to meet with him before travelling. If you're not comfortable with it I will tell him not to come." She thought about it and I could see the conflict in her thoughts.

"You should meet him but take Edward with you just in case, I trust Edward" "Really?" "Yes of course he's your father as long as I don't have to see him." She took it a lot better than I thought she would.

Edward and I planned on meeting my father at a cafe in forks. He stayed the night with me last night.

"Okay I think it's too cold for a dress so maybe jeans and a hoodie or is that too causal?" "A hoodie and Jeans is good" "No you're just saying that, I'm not doing that" Edward buries his face in a pillow, I'd been trying to find an outfit for an hour

"How about a skirt and this top?" "Yes you will look so damn beautiful in it, you will look amazing" "No, you're overselling it so you hate it"

"Oh my god, Y/n will you just wear something instead of pulling out your whole closet, or you're going how you look right now" "I'm my underwear?" "Yes! Now put on something."

"Okay I'm just going to go with the first outfit" "God you kill me"

"You're already dead and I was not around how ever many hundreds of years ago you died" "it was only a hundred years ago, Jeez I'm not that old" "Yeah a hundred years not that long" he rolls his eyes "Get dressed."

Edward drives us and we sit in the cafe for a while.

"I'm nervous" "I know, I can hear your heart beating it's very loud" "Hold my hand" he holds my hand underneath the table

"I think I'm going to get another coffee" "You don't need another one you will start shaking." "Okay I'll wait until he gets here to get another one."

My dad walks through the door and I feel my stomach drop "Calm down, your thoughts are going wild" he whispers to me "Sorry."

"Hi dad!" I get up and give him a hug "Wow I cant believe it's really you. You have grown up so much since I last saw you, how long has it been?" "About 6 years, I'm 18 now" "Wow I can't believe it" he sits down

"Oh dad, this is my boyfriend, Edward" "It's nice to meet you Edward, you know you look familiar, have we met?" "I don't believe so, sir" "Did your father grow up in Wisconsin by any chance?" "No, sir we have lived here for a while." "Well anyway it's nice to meet you Edward."

We catch up for a while then I get the urge to pee from the coffee I drank "Excuse me I need to go to the bathroom, really quick." I get up and walk to the bathroom.

"So Edward, it's been a while, do you even remember me?" "I knew as soon as you opened up your mouth" "So did you do this to spite me? Dating my daughter is very low of you"

"I didn't know you were even related, she has a different last name to you and she's never brought up your actual name before."

I come back from the bathroom

"Those bathrooms are amazing, I never thought I'd say that about a bathroom" "I have to go now honey, my flight leaves in an hour, I'm glad we caught up."

I give him a hug and he left "You alright Edward? You have been quiet" "We need to talk, lets go" we get up and get into the car.

"Edward are you alright?" "I'm taking you to my house" "I'm scared, Edward. What's wrong?"

"Don't be scared I'm confused."

...Left you guys with a cliffhanger. Hope you enjoyed!