the night of the ball

Kens pov:
Me and Barbie walked in, our arms linked with each other. Cameras were flashing in every angle as we walked through the crowd.

Once we made it inside and away from the crowd of people I took notice of the stunning ballroom.

It was ginormous. The stairs we walked down were long and felt never ending. Banners and beautiful decorations filled up the room. It felt as if I were in a movie. But I couldn't help but wish Ryan was here.

Wait, no. I shouldn't wish Ryan was here. It was in my best interest to stick to the plan. And Ryan would only make things for complicated for me.

I suddenly felt Barbie whisper in my ear. "I'm sorry Ryan couldn't make it."

"It's okay. I'll manage, besides it's better this way." I said, while taking in all the beauty that surrounded me.

Before I knew it barbie had left to go talk to a friend. I didn't feel like speaking to anyone so I just stood there, alone.

I didn't want to be here, not at all. I didn't want to be here with the women I didn't love, all I wanted was to be with Ryan again. But I had no choice.

I stood in the middle of the ballroom, feeling lost as a dose of loneliness took over me. But everything changed when I looked at the stairs and saw someone I was not expecting.

It was Ryan.

Ryan walked down the stairs, looking as marvelous as ever. For a split second it felt as if we were the only ones in the room. Our eyes locked together, and I wanted nothing more than to sprint up the stairs and kiss him.

Once Ryan was at the bottom of the stairs he strolled over to me.

"Hey." He said almost as if he was nervous.

"That's all you have to say is hey?! Ryan you were what was keeping me going and you just decided to ditch. Not to mention you've been dodging all my texts." I exclaimed, being careful to keep my voice down.

"Look, i'm sorry, It's just-" He started to say, but I wasn't ready to hear him out. Not yet at least.

"Don't Ryan. Look if you didn't want to be with me in the first place you should've just said something." I spat. Anger started to course through my veins and I couldn't handle this anymore.

"Fine." Ryan said bluntly. He sounded like he didn't even care. Like he truly felt that way. I felt more hurt than I ever had before.

I quickly stomped away from the scene hoping I could get out, but before I could I was stopped by Barbie.

"Barbie what?-"
"Dance with me." She stated.

I quickly guided her to the dance floor, or more so she guided me. I was not in the mood to dance but we had to so that nothing seemed off between us to the public.

We swayed to the music along with other people on the dance floor. The musicians playing the music tonight were extremely talented but I didn't care. All I could think about was me and Ryan's argument we had.

Once the song ended Barbie plastered a smile on her face, clearly trying her best to look in love, and it was working I mean she was an actress.

Claps erupted throughout the room, echoing almost all the way to the halls.

I should have acted like I was enjoying myself and I tried but my attention was fixated on other subjects.

I shifted my gaze towards the back door and noticed a familiar head filled with jet black hair, promptly walk out.

My natural instincts got the best of me, and I walked towards the door, sneaking away.

I could feel barbies nervous eyes burning in the back of my head, but I didn't care. All I cared about in that single moment was to find Ryan.

Barbie caught up with me while I roamed the hallway.

"Ken! Why are you even doing this. What if the plan gets ruined." She exclaimed, her nerves looking as if they were about to explode.

What I said next I didn't want to say, I was terrified to say the words ever since I first kissed Ryan. I told myself I would regain control of my feelings for him, but I couldn't. The words I said just seemed to tumble out of my mouth.

"I'm in love with Ryan."