you know im getting serious deja vu right now

Ryan's pov:

It was the night before we officially took over barbie.
Was I nervous? perhaps. But I was more nervous at the thought of losing ken.

Anything could happen. We knew barbie still enjoyed ken. In fact, she had tried to contact him numerous amounts of times.

Who knew what that bitch could be up to.

But we just had to push past it. If we overpower her and outsmart her then we won't have to deal with any of it. It's that easy right?

Skipper was off somewhere with her girlfriend, doing who knows what. Not like I care or anything, skipper is just barbies sister so I still don't fully trust her. Maybe in the future I could though, I know Ken would like if we could get along.

How is it that Ken has overtaken my thoughts day by day? Is this what love does to you? I'm so new at all of this but loving him feels almost natural, everything just seems to melt into place.

I guess my thoughts were being read somewhere out there, because just as I was thinking of him Ken came walking onto the balcony.

I was sitting on the balcony of our headquarters we were staying at. I had no idea where the hell we were but Skipper says she knows a guy.

Ken walked towards me and sat down on the bench beside me, overlooking the beautiful view that was Malibu.

The breeze felt cool on my skin, but for a moment I shivered as a rush of wind seemed to be pelted at us.

"Are you good?" Ken turned towards me, his eyes filled with warmth.

"Yeah i'm fine, just a little breeze." I said, lightly chuckling.

"Well at least you have me to keep you warm." He beamed.

I laughed at his choice of words. "Since when did we start getting so cheesy?" My first reaction would be to usually smirk, but it didn't seem to get to me in time.

Ken rolled his eyes. "I think we've both always been cheesy." He said as if I was supposed to know that.

I titled my head slightly. "No way."

Ken shrugged, looking at me. That was when I lunged at him playfully. We started attempting to pin each other like children fighting.

"You know i'm getting serious deja vu right now." I said as I let Ken roll on top of me.

"Yeah except this time look who's on top." Ken exclaimed proudly.

"Oh you wanna go?" I quickly flipped Ken off me and all of a sudden it was a game to see who could do it for the longest.

Out of instinct I kissed Ken passionately on the lips. I suddenly felt enveloped in his soft warm lips. But there was something different about this kiss that separated itself from the others.

This time felt soft, but yet so passionate. It was a healthy balance of both, my new favorite type of kiss. What id give to live in this moment forever.

Ken pulled away for a split second. "You know, I really wanted to kiss you when you pinned me down. I think that's when I truly realized you meant something to me." Ken admitted.

I pulled myself off him and layed down on the ground beside him. "What do you mean meant something to you?" I asked curiously.

Ken blushed from embarrassment, like he wished he didn't say that. "Never mind it's not important."

I frowned and looked at him in the eyes. "You know you can tell me, Kenny boy." I said, bringing back the classic nickname.

Ken sighed, covering his eyes with his hands. "You really had to bring that back didn't you?"

"You bet I did." I said, truly smiling for what felt like the first time in ages.

Ken sighed once more, looking back up at the sky. "Well, when I was with you that day I thought I hated you. But it turns out I only hated you because that's how I thought I should feel. Those feelings of hatred were never real. Being with you helped me realize everything Ryan. It reminded me i'm my own person, you snapped me out of it Ryan."

I was almost shocked at what he told me. For a second I thought I didn't know what to say. "Ken there's something i've been meaning to tell you." I couldn't believe I was telling him what i've been meaning to tell him for the longest time.

"Ken, I want to be with you. There are so many things getting in the way of us but I don't care. I just know that I don't just want to be with you at the moment."

"Ryan what are you trying to say." Ken started to ask, confused.

"I'm not asking you to marry me or anything, but Ken I wanna be committed. I'm ready for a fully committed relationship." My words started to come out shakier than normal. I don't know if I wanted to marry ken but I wanted a future with him, and I was terrified to see what he'd say.

Because whether or not the worlds wants me and Ken together, I want him and not a single thing could ever change that.