Chapter 8: School Days End

●●●●● Ocean's Pov ●●●●●

It was official. School still sucked ass!

Ocean had already graduated! All of this useless nonsense didn't matter to him anymore and Reiji's gaze made it hard for him to zone out or sneak off.

He was itching for a smoke as he heard another squeal as he followed Shu to his next class. How many stupid fans were there in this school?! Ocean found himself growing unreasonably annoyed and forced himself to relax.

Overreacting to inevitable fates were useless.

He had to focus on the positives. This would be the last class and from what he knew, the twins seemed to not have thrown any fits. Akuma wasn't fighting anyone. That.... wasn't much to be happy about.

Inwardly groaning, Ocean stood at the front of the class as the teacher said something about him being new. With a sigh, Ocean bowed, expression blank as he spoke.

"My name is Kaneko Ocean. It's a pleasure to meet you all and I hope you'll do your best to take care of me." He said calmly, pushing down the wave of annoyance as he heard whispers throughout the classroom.

Not listening to what the teacher said, Ocean moved and sat next to the eldest Sakamaki. He was almost envious of how easily the younger male could sleep anywhere.

Royal blue eyes opened to meet teal one's and for a moment they just looked at each other before Ocean's gaze was dragged to the front where the teacher was making some sort of joke about him and the moon... Oh the lesson was about Tides...

Ocean smiled politely but he didn't laugh at the horrible joke. Instantly, he began to dislike the man teaching the class.

He felt Shu's gaze on him but didn't bother looking back, instead speaking quietly for only the vampire to hear.

"I'll wake you when this is over. Go back to sleep."

And then the gaze was off him again.

Perhaps one day he would ask Shu just what he dreamed about all the time.

●●●●●

Soon enough the bell rang. Excited chatter filled the air and Ocean gathered his items before standing up. He looked down at the peacefully sleeping vampire and leaned down, his mouth right next to the other's ear.

"It's time to wake up, Sleepy star."

Royal blue eyes fluttered open slowly and Ocean stood up straight, a small smile on his face as the tired vampire got up without a word.

They made their way towards the limo in a comfortable silence, only to have it broken by the sound of River's loud voice.

"Ooooh! Kuma-chan didn't get in a fight today!~☆ They grow up so fast!" Cried the younger male as they walked up and Ocean took in the sight before him.

River was acting more dramatic than usual, not seeming to care about the obviously ticked off look on Akuma's face. He even went as far as to drape himself over the youngest's shoulders.

Deciding it was a good time to step in, Ocean spoke up. "River, leave him alone before I let him punch you." His tone was almost bored, much to River's displeasure. Said male gasped in betrayal and immediately pointed at the twins.

"THAT'S IT! TAI AND YUU ARE MY FAVORITE BROTHERS!"

"You owe us compensation for playing with our toys without permission" Came Taito's quiet reply as Yuuto giggled at the pout that formed on River's face.