Chapter 12: Meteor Showers End

The rest of the school day and ride home had gone by without any incidents. The only vaguely interesting thing being Ayato trying to feed on Yui in the car, which she immediately denied, filling the car with her frightened gasps and squeaks.

As they arrived back at the mansion most of the boys seemed to split off, going to their own rooms. The hours passed quietly only the occasional shout from Yui interrupting the peace.

●●●●● Ocean's Pov ●●●●●

Ocean sighed, hearing someone stomping around and River's annoyed voice. Is he putting on another show? Perhaps he pulled a prank. It's been too long since that has happened.

He found himself putting down his pencil and standing up, moving to find the source of the noise. He blinked as he found the twins walking down the hall and he followed them.

"Any idea what's going on?" He asked the two, only to receive two shrugs.

"Ayato was yelling about something belonging to him and for Shu." Yuuto said as they made their way further down the hall.

Ocean simply nodded, not seeing a reason to reply. All of the possibilities he could have thought of as to why Ayato was angry were thrown at the window as they arrived at some sort of game room.

"Oi! Are you even listening?" Shouted Ayato who seemed to get even more pissed off at the fact he was being ignored.

The third eldest Sakamaki stood in front of a couch, hand tightly grasping a confused Yui's wrist. On the couch lying down was Shu, who seemed to be ignoring whatever was being said.

Ocean walked further into the room, already spotting River sitting on one of the free chairs with an amused look on his face. His eyes told a different story, though. Bright blue eyes were darkened with annoyance. Has he already started a game with Ayato? Did Yui interrupt it?

" ...- her. Just be quiet and let me sleep." Shu's voice dragged Ocean away from his thoughts, looking down at the blonde male.

He nearly jumped when Reiji spoke up. Nearly. Instead he restrained himself to just looking at the vampire in surprise. "I thought you'd say something of that sort. He shrinks back from any challenge. If you look up the word 'Spineless' in the dictionary you're sure to find his picture. He needs help to do anything. Good-for-nothing deadbeat."  The dark-haired vampire spoke, gaze cold as he looked at his older brother.

Ocean blinked in surprise at such cruel words, lips pulling into a frown as Shu slowly sat up, seeming to take the bait and accept Ayato's challenge.

He didn't like this one bit.

The red-head moved to stand by his brother. "What even started this?" He murmured, looking between Shu, Ayato, and Yui.

"Oreo wanted to eat. Shu got to her first tonight. Now he's pissed." River replied, not even bothering to reply with a dramatic answer like usual, eyes focused Ayato as he threw his darts.

The older Kaneko nodded and sighed. "How annoying. It's almost like she wants to cause a fight."

The words went un-noticed as Shu went up. The first two darts easily going where he wanted them to.

"If he nails this shot he'll win you, Bitch-chan!!~☆" Spoke a rather happy Laito who smirked as he easily caught Yui, who had pathetically tried to run away.

By this point, Ocean had his arms crossed, done with her dramatics.

Shu threw the final dart. Right in the center of the other two.