Chapter 21: Possesive Games

Two identical figures sat in the middle of a meadow, each wearing a loose, white shirt and baggy white pants. Soft wind ran through the field, only encouraging the never-ending grey clouds at the edge of the field to turn in an infinite loop. Long wisteria-colored hair gently swayed as the identical figures smiled at each other.

Here, they were eternally safe.

The gentle grass and calm clouds would never let anything hurt them. In the distance, barely visible gold chains could be seen swaying in the wind, seeming to put a border around the seemingly endless meadow.

Not that the identical figures minded or even cared.

How could they ever mind being attached like this?

One of the figures opened their mouth, Rose-pink eyes shimmering with delight as they whispered words only for the other to hear. Lilac eyes glanced away in response, though the smile on the older boy's face widened.

"It's our paradise. No one else in the world can have it."

Despite how quietly the words were whispered, the pink-eyed boy still hears it.

"Not even our toys, Tai-chan?"

The older twin nodded, his hair swaying as the breeze picked up.

"Not even our toys, Yuu-tan."

The younger boy let out a delighted giggle, falling back into the soft grass as he gazed up at the white sky, his hair fanning out around him. He didn't have to worry about it being messy here.

The older boy watched him with a fond smile before frowning slightly. The sound of a bell being his warning that he was going to be ripped away from this eternal safety.

"I wish we could stay here forever." He whispered the words, knowing the other would hear them.

Lilac eyes met rose-pink and he was offered a small smile. "But then our pets would be left for anyone to touch and play with and our precious family wouldn't be protected."

The breeze seemed to pick up at the words, gold chains slightly more obvious as Taito's eyes narrowed. He would never allow that and Yuuto knew it.

"They belong to us. I'll tear into anyone who dares try." He growled, much to the younger boy's delight.

The bell sounded again and Taito stood up, frowning as he gazed towards the distance. Too soon.

This gentle safety would end too soon.

"Tai-chan..?" The soft question brought the older boy's gaze back to his twin.

He frowned more and opened his mouth. Quiet words were said, only for their ears.

Identical twins looked at each other, gold chains now wrapped around their necks, connecting them to the meadow and each other. Their time was up it seemed.

Yuuto opened his mouth to speak, hair swaying and eyes filled with an unreadable emotion but time had ran out.

A final bell rang and the younger boy could only watch as the older boy was whisked away into the clouds.

The boy sat in the meadow, alone. He looked up at the white sky and sighed. Taito would be upset he was woken up.

●●●●● Taito's Pov ●●●●●

The gentle meadow faded away into a world of blackness as the sound of a door closing roused the purple-haired boy from his sleep. He refused to move, instead burying his face further into his blanket and trying to return to that wonderful dream.