Chapter:- 12

Maham's POV:

"Happy Birthday, brother." I said smiling and heard him chuckling.

"Is this even a birthday? I don't have anyone beside me right now. A mother doesn't care for me. Dad is missing from last many months. Appi who was always beside but this year she too left me." I sighed hearing him.

"I'll be there tomorrow. Don't worry." I said smiling and he chuckled.

"This is the first time I'm alone on my birthday. Oh god. This is so frustrating." He said irritatingly making me chuckle.

"Hasn't Zara wished you yet?" I asked and heard him sighing.

"I think she wanted to surprise me but I told her that I'm not going to celebrate it." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"I think that's why she was very silent the whole time." I said thinking about the time when we all were convincing Hyzin for going to beach. She was silent all the time.

"Was she?" I heard him and nodded my head.

"Yeah. She was silent all the time when all kids were convincing Hyzin to go to beach after dinner." I said and heard him sighing.

"Are you guys crazy? Going to beach after dinner in this weather?" He said and I chuckled.

"Well, he didn't agree with us." I said rolling my eyes.

"Thank God someone has some sense." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Isn't he around that you are talking about Zara so freely?" He asked and I rolled my eyes. What's the use of hiding when he knows about them?

"Nope. He went for walk. Might be coming." I said looking at the door.

"Okay, I'll be hanging up now. I think your sister-in-law got the time to call me." He said and I laughed.

"Enjoy." I said and heard him sighing.

"I wonder when will she understand." He whispered and hung up while I chuckled. I looked up when I heard the door opening. He came inside with a big smile on his face.

"What's making you so happy?" I asked looking at him and he looked at me then smiled.

"There's this girl in my life. She is a mystery. I'm still not able to get why hasn't she shared her past with me. Doesn't she trust me?" He said looking at the ceiling then turned to me while I was looking at him with a small smile.

"You want to know the reason why hasn't she shared her past with you yet?" I asked looking at him and he nodded his head holding my hand in his.

"May be that reason can be absurd." He said caressing my knuckles and I sighed.

"The reason can come true too." I said looking at him and he looked at me.

"Let's hear it." He said and I sighed.

"She doesn't want you to hate her." I said looking at him and he frowned.

"We should hear both side of story the come to the conclusion." He said caressing my cheek and I shook my head.

"There's no another side of story." I said shaking my head and he chuckled.

"Even a single story have two sides, love. A beginning and an end. Then how there isn't any other side of story?" He said smiling at me and I looked down to hide the tears which were pooling up in my eyes.

"Want to share it?" I nodded my head. I felt him making me look at him holding my chin.

"Don't think anything other than the past which you are going to share with me. No absurd thinking, love. We'll come to the result after examining the situation, right? So, why do you have to think about the result beforehand? Empty this thing except your past." He said patting my head and I nodded my head sighing deeply.