Part 5: The Original Hybrid

Rosa was standing agains a wall crying, trying to convince herself it was a dream while Elena attempted to talk to Stefan

"This isn't happening. Why would it be happening? It's a dream." Rosalina mumbled to herself. "Of course it's a dream why else would I be here? I would never come to senior prank night, I hate things like that. This is a nightmare." She told herself.

"Caroline's dad! Stefan, he was able to resist compulsion. I don't know how, but he did it. Maybe it's possible." Elena told Stefan, annoyingly hopeful.

"Yeah, yeah. Maybe it's just mind control, right? Maybe it just takes some focus, a couple of decades of training. No big deal." Stefan shouted while pacing around the gym floor. Every once in a while they glanced at Rosa who was panicking against the wall, but neither said anything.

"Stefan, you can control this. When that buzzer goes off, just...just drink from me." Elena said softly.

"Yeah Stefan, just drink my sisters blood. Because that's totally normal!" Rosa shouted. The two looked at her and then back to each other.

"You don't get it. I can't stop, Elena! I'm a ripper! A ripper doesn't stop! I listen to the words that come out of your mouth, and all I hear is the sound of your heart pumping blood through your body. And when that clock ticks down...I'm going to have to feed on you. And you want to know what's worse? I'm not going to be able to stop." Rosa watched them, tears blurring her vision. She placed her hands over her ears, mumbling to herself.

"I don't believe that. You can fight it. You just have to want it bad enough." Elena urged.

"Why, because I love you?"

"Yeah! That's right, Stefan. Because you love me. You'll fight because after everything that we've been through, you owe me that!" Elena cried.

"You know what, you're right. You're right. I owe you everything. Because through all of this, you are the one thing that has kept me from giving up; from turning it all off. But I can't help what I am, Elena. The more blood that I get, the more I want, and if I get so much as near yours...You are dead." Rosa looked up at him, slowly inching closer to her sister. Rosa was terrified and confused, but she wasn't going to let her sister get hurt. Rosa looked up at the clock that now read five minutes. That how long she had to live. Five more minutes.

Only 16 seconds remained on the clock. Elena was still trying to stop Stefan and Rosa was mostly crying, after she got no answers from both Stefan and Elena about what was going on.

"Elena, you and Rosa are going to have to run." Stefan told them.

"But Klaus said that if we run..." She started.

"I know what he said, but if you stay, it won't matter. Elena, please, please, please. Elena there's no other way." Stefan begged her. Rosa walked closer to her sister and grabbed her hand, giving it a hard squeeze.