Part 39: First Time

A knock on the door

A knock on the door. That's all it took for Klaus to speed over. He quickly opened the door and let out a breath of relief.

"Rosalina." He said. He quickly took note of her state a frowned. "I've been calling you for days. Where have you been?"

Rosa looked at Klaus, tears threatening to fall. "He's dead." She whispered. Klaus walked towards Rosa and led her inside the house. "I finally remembered the last thing I said to him." Rosa looked down at her shoes to keep herself from sobbing. "I...I told him to get out."

Klaus sat Rosa down on the couch and watched her with a concerned look. He understood how hard this could be. How hard it is to lose a sibling. But it was never like this for him. As close as he was with his siblings, it would never compare to Rosa and Jeremy. They were each others person.

"I told him to get out and then instead of going to that island to look for the cure, I stayed home. Now he's dead and I never got to say goodbye or tell him I love him or crack some stupid joke. He's gone forever and I don't know what to do."

Klaus sat down next to Rosa and hung his arm around her. "It's okay, love. You'll get through this."

Rosa shook her head, "I won't. I can't. She...she burned everything." Klaus looked at the girl curiously. "I tried, but there's nothing left. I went back and tried to save stuff, but there was nothing to save."

"I can replace everything you lost." Klaus told her calmly.

Rosa once again shook her head, finally letting a few tears escape. "Everything burned. Everything I had from my mom and dad...and Jenna." Klaus sighed. "And the dress you gave me."

He looked at her, his lips pressed together. "Maybe...maybe this is a good thing. You can finally have a chance to move on."

"I don't want to move on. I just want my brother back!" She cried. Rosa stood up and walked away from the couch, Klaus following her. "I can't do this without him."

"Do what?" Klaus asked.

"Live!" She shouted. "I can't live without him. And I don't want to try."

Klaus watched Rosa with concern. He wasn't good at this. He didn't know what to do. "Do you want me to call Caroline?" He asked softly. Rosa shook her head. He sighed. "What about Stefan?"

"No." She told him. "I don't want to see any of them."

Klaus nodded, "Rosalina, where have you been since Jeremy died?" Rosa shrugged. "Have you been killing?"

She shook her head. "Haven't been able to get much down lately." Klaus nodded. "I should have been there." She said to softly for anyone to hear if they weren't paying attention. But Klaus was.

"You couldn't have known."

"Jeremy's human. I'm not. Even if he was a hunter, he was still human. He could have been killed by endless things. I'm his big sister, I should have been there to protect him." Klaus wasn't sure what to say.