Part 23: Ghosts

Rosa, Meredith and Jeremy stood outside Elena's hospital room, watching her

Rosa, Meredith and Jeremy stood outside Elena's hospital room, watching her. Well Rosa was trying to, but she couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by the smell of blood.

"She's gonna be fine. She got a little banged up today, hit her head, but it was just a slight concussion, nothing to worry about." Meredith told them.

Jeremy looked at Meredith concerned, "But she collapsed, there was blood." Jeremy argued.

"Honestly, Jeremy, she's okay. She's just...she's been through a lot. Is there anyone you want to call?" Jeremy didn't answer and Meredith walked away.

Jeremy turned to Rosa who was staring at her sister from outside the glass. He could tell something was wrong with her.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked. Rosa turned toward him, veins appearing under her eyes. "Woah, Rosa, your eyes."

Rosa looked to the ground, her hair falling in front of her face. She let out a shaky breath, "I'm sorry. I...I can't control it yet." Jeremy nodded. "I should get out of here. I shouldn't be near all this blood."

Rosa turned around to leave when Jeremy grabbed her arm, "Do you really think it's a good idea for you to be alone right now?"

"I'll be fine, Jer. Caroline said that she's going to start helping me learn to control it, I just can't be here, okay? I'll meet you at home." Jeremy nodded and watched as his sister practically ran out of the hospital.

Once she exited the doors, her breaths were staggered and short. She leaned against the side of the building, hoping no one would see her.

Rosa knew that being turned was hard and the blood lust is hard to control, but she didn't think it would be this bad. She had already killed one person, but it wasn't enough.

Rosa was halfway home when she saw a man walking alone. No one was around and her hunger was uncontrollable. She had to do it so her friends wouldn't see her like this. So Jeremy wouldn't see her like this.

That's what Rosa told herself as she left the man dead in the back of an alley. This was the second body she had left, waiting to be found, but Rosa didn't know what to do.

She had no clue how to hide a dead body. This was all new to her and it felt like no one cared enough to help her. Elena was in the hospital, that's what was most important.

When Rosa comes home she is surprised to see Caroline and Elena sitting on the couch together. They look at her as she walks in awkwardly. Rosa hated the embarrassment for having to be invited into her house last night. It stuck in her mind.

"Hey where we're you? Jeremy told me that you left the hospital and you were coming here." Caroline said as she studied her friend carefully.

Rosa bit her lip, not meeting Caroline or Elena's eyes. "Yeah, uhm...I had to do something." She said and then turned to Elena. "How are you?"