Part 21: Memories

Rosa sat in the hallway, listening carefully as her sister and Jenna talked

Rosa sat in the hallway, listening carefully as her sister and Jenna talked. Tears were in her eyes. Her and Elena were adopted.

Elena ran up the stairs about to go into her room when she saw Rosa walking into her own room. Elena was going to say something, help comfort her sister. They were in this together after all, but she didn't.

Instead Elena sat in her room, Rosa sat in hers. They didn't talk for a while. When Elena had finally come into Rosa's room, she wasn't alone. She had brought Damon Salvatore with her.

"What are you doing?" Rosa asked as Elena helped her sister stand up and Damon placed his hands on her shoulders. His blue eyes staring directly into Rosa's brown ones. "Elena?"

"It'll be over in a minute." Elena answered.

Damon stared at the girl, "You don't remember the fact that you are adopted. You never heard Elena and Jenna's conversation. You've been in your room all day...avoiding your homework."

Rosa nodded and her sister and Damon left her alone. Jenna came into her nieces room not long after.

"Hey, Rosa." She said.

"Hi, Jenna. I know, I said I would do my homework, but I didn't. I was wondering if maybe you could possibly...talk to Alaric for me."

Jenna looked at the girl confused. She would have sworn that Elena would have told Rosa by now. She thought she heard Rosa crying, but she was wrong. Or at least that's what she thought.

Jenna never told Rosa that she was adopted.

Rosa gasped. She backed into the wall, knocking over the family picture. Elena and Stefan turned towards the girl.

"Rosa—"

"Get away from me!" Rosa screamed at her sister.

"Rosa you're bleeding, just let me help you."

Rosa shook her head, trying to get as far away from Stefan Salvatore as she could. "Don't come near me...either of you!" She shouted.

"Elena..." Stefan's voice was a low whisper, but Rosa could still here him.

Suddenly Stefan was standing in front of the girl, his eyes connecting with hers.

"You don't remember what happened today. You remember having a good day with me and Elena and then you went back home. That's it."

"That's it." Rosa mumbled.

Stefan and Elena gave each other sad looks as Elena watched her sister forget another day.

"Damon get off of her!" Elena screamed as Damon Salvatore bit into Rosa's neck.