Part 13: The Mikaelson Ball

A/N: Thank you so much for 700 reads. Also I just want to say that the dress that Klaus gives Rosa is not the same dress he gave Caroline in the show. Also he doesn't give Caroline the dress for obvious reasons. Ok, thanks for reading this and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Rosa stared at the dress, her mouth hanging open

Rosa stared at the dress, her mouth hanging open. She stood there for about 40 minutes before placing the lid back on the box and shoving it into her closet.

She made up her mind. She wasn't going, especially if Damon was right about Klaus liking her. Rosa did not want that. Out of every person who could have liked her, why did it have to be Klaus? The psychopathic murderer. The same man who murdered her aunt, who killed Tyler and turned him, who killed kids in her school, who turned Stefan into a monster, the same person who chased her and her sister around the school.

This morning Rosalina told herself she was not going to be attending the Mikaelson ball. And she planned to stand by her choice. She sat on the couch watching TV when Elena walked out to the car alongside Stefan and Damon. She was wearing a gorgeous black and gold ball gown. Rosa had no idea how Elena was able to find that beautiful of a dress in Mystic Falls on such short notice, but she did loo amazing.

"It's not to late to change your mind." Elena said before walking out.

"Yes it is. Have fun...you look beautiful Elena." Rosa hated admitting it, but she was jealous. Elena looked amazing in her probably expensive dress, two dates clung to her arms, her friends waiting for her at the ball. And there was Rosa, sitting by herself on the couch, she was wearing a t-shirt and sweats and her hair was in a knotted ponytail. Why did Elena get to live the dream life while Rosa sat on the couch.

That's when Rosa made a decision that she knew was stupid and would definitely regret in the morning. She ran up the stairs and pulled the box out of her closet and put it on. She brushed out her hair and attempted at applying a little makeup. Caroline had been helping her learn how to do it properly.

Rosalina stared at herself in the mirror. The dress was light yellow with layers of lace covering it. Different colored flowers were sewed over the top half of the dress. She had never worn anything so extravagant before. And definitely not this expensive.

Rosa had to hold onto the railing as she walked down the steps. She had to make sure not to step on the bottom of the skirt of her dress. She stole a pair of heals from Elena's closet which she also had to get used to. Rosa was about to leave, her hand on the door handle and she froze. What was she thinking? Rosalina had hated dances, fancy events, public scenes, basically this whole hall was a representation of everything she hates. She kicked off the heels and ran back into her room and fell onto her bed.

Rosa was laying on her back, her head facing the ceiling. She slightly turned her view when her eyes landed on the sage colored jewelry box. The painted was chipped and the lock had been broken by Jeremy years ago.