- 5 -

"'ELLO CHAT!" 

Wilbur had a huge grin plastered on his face and Aria watched as the floods of people started to comment different versions of 'hello'.

"We have a SPECIAL GUEST today!"

The chat erupted with guesses as to who it might be:

Niki

tubboooo

TOMMMYYYYYY 

tommy

dream

TOMMY

"You're all wrong chat! She's a new friend of mine..."

she?

SHEEEE

woman?!!!

omg

what about niki?

"Today we are playing some Stardew Valley with ARIA! Say hi Ari!" His smile grew wider.

"Hi chat!" Aria said gleefully. She couldn't help but notice that Wil had adopted Techno's nickname for her.

"That's right, I am actually talking to a woman! It's a momentous occasion!" He brushed the hair that had flopped over his eyes out of the way and bit his lip to stop himself from laughing.

Aria chuckled lightly. "Start the game Wil! I need to learn how to play!" she demanded with a smile. 

She calls him Wil

he nicknamed her

my heart

CUTE! 

SIMMMPPPPP

simp energyyy

"Yes, m'lady. Whatever you say!"

Aria could feel her cheeks heating up. "You really are a simp!"

"You really are Australian..." He glanced into the camera with a cheeky grin.

She smacked her table in mock annoyance. "Don't go outing me like that Wil! Load the game up!!"

She could see him put his hands up in defeat. "Fine fine, I'm doing it now."

The screen lit up with the Stardew Valley logo. Both streamers went to create their in-game characters. Aria waited for Wil to start making his, fiddling with a lock of hair that had fallen to her face.

"Are you going to make your character look like how you do in real life?" Wil asked quietly.

The change in mood surprised her. "Then it wouldn't be a surprise for you when you see my face for the first time..." she replied, smiling.

He rested his head in his hand, hiding a grin that had begun to peek through his fingers. "I can't wait! Ok, do something completely random then..." he said brightly.

Aria clicked around for a minute or so whilst Wilbur read out donations.

"How's this?"

An avatar with bright purple hair took up half the screen. 

Wilbur let out a booming laugh. "I'm going to take a guess and assume that you don't have bright purple hair? Not that there's anything wrong with that, chat!" he quickly recovered.

She mentally prepared herself and blurted out. "Not quite, I have blonde hair."

Wilbur raised his eyebrows. "How are you wearing it right now?"

"In a low bun. The strands at the front are tickling my face."

"Is it dark or light blonde?" He was looking into the camera, and she could feel herself drawn to him, tethered by a piece of invisible string. Forming a connection.

"Dark with some lighter streaks..."

"I bet it's beautiful..." His voice had lowered, to a point where it felt like he was talking to her - and only her - instead of the thousands of fans watching the stream.

She felt her voice hitch. The silence was only for a few seconds, but Wilbur cleared his throat.

"Alright, enough of that, back to the game!"

--

They played for a while, buying a chicken, finding rare items and fishing during winter.

Wilbur kept giving Aria gifts, little random things that he found - like flowers and gemstones.

She found herself running to his house when night began, sharing a bed with him, which the chat seemed to enjoy immensely.

They ended the stream, screaming their goodbyes into the microphones.

They had the call to themselves.

"I wish you could come and visit," Wilbur murmured, "you could stay in my house, we could see Tubbo and Tommy."

Aria began to picture it. Walking in the streets of Brighton, eating ice cream with Wil, laughing with Tommy as he tries to steal a lick from Tubbo's cone of mint choc chip.

She hadn't realised how quiet she'd been until Wilbur spoke. 

"Sorry, that was probably a little forward. I can be like that sometimes..." He looked away from the camera, biting his lip, his hand reaching to the back of his neck.

"It sucks that it's so far away." Aria muttered.

"Yeah, it does" Wilbur sighed, looking back at the camera.

A message from Techno came through on her phone.

"Shit, I gotta go - I promised Techno I would stream with him. Thanks so much for today, Wil, I had a lot of fun!" Aria felt bad for leaving in such a hurry, but she really did have to get to Techno's bedwars tournament.

"Yeah, all good! We should do it again - are you doing the Jackbox stream tomorrow?" Wilbur asked eagerly.

"I'll be there!" Aria promised, grinning slightly.

"Can't wait!"

She disconnected from the call and into Techno's discord.