- 8 -

After her call with Clay, Aria had a bit of time to grab some lunch before the Jackbox stream. Karl Jacobs was running it, and Tubbo and Sapnap both had to pull out, so he said he was more than happy for her to play.

Layla came wandering into the kitchen.

"You're finally done! You were on the phone for hours - did it really take you that long to kill Dream?"

"Haha, no actually. I got him in just over twenty minutes, we just chatted for a while..." Aria trailed off.

"That was an awfully long time to be 'just chatting'! What did you guys chat about?" Layla said with a smirk.

Aria thought it was best to give her something so Layla would leave her alone for a while.

"He told me I was beautiful..." Aria mumbled, glancing away and slowly walking out of the kitchen.

"YOU SHOWED HIM YOUR FACE?! DID HE SHOW YOU HIS? OH MY GOD HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT DREAM LOOKS LIKE? DO YOU CALL HIM CLAY WHAT THE HELL WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING?!!" Layla was screaming at this point. "Wait, he called you beautiful? OH MY G-"

Aria shut her bedroom door, drowning out Layla's excitement. Finally some peace and quiet.

She glanced at the clock.

1:30 pm.

Shoot, she was gonna be late hopping on to the stream.

She got into the discord and heard some familiar voices - Quackity, Clay, George, Techno, Wil, and Tommy, as well as Karl, whom she had seen on Twitch a few times.

She was greeted by Techno screaming into the microphone.

"ARI! You're here!"

She giggled, "Hi Techno!"

"WOMAN!" Tommy yelled.

"Hi Ariii" Wilbur smiled into his microphone.

"How are you, Aria?" George asked.

"BESTIE!" Quackity shouted.

"Hi guys! I'm good, thanks for asking George!" Aria smiled. It was nice to know that they were excited to see her.

"Nice to meet you!" She heard a voice that was relatively quiet.

"Nice to meet you too, Karl!"

"Long time, no see... Riri!" Dream knew exactly what he was doing.

She rolled her eyes. "Clay, I spoke to you like an hour ago"

"UM, CLAY? You call him CLAY?" She could imagine Quackity jumping around the room in excitement. 

"DREAM CALLS YOU RIRI" George blurted out in surprise.

"I have missed so much..." Karl chuckled.

"C'mon guys let's get the stream started!" Aria quickly said, desperate to divert the attention from her.

"Ok, let's go then" Karl agreed, sensing her discomfort.

She shot Clay a message from her phone.

Clay

i actually hate you

No you don't ;)

--

They had been playing Mad Verse City for a little while. Aria was doing pretty well, completely dominating Quackity in one round, and narrowly beating Karl in the second. Karl's chat seemed to really like her and were encouraging her to win.

It was now time for Dream vs Wilbur. All the boys had been playing pretty dirty the entire game, and things were beginning to get a bit heated between Wil, Clay, and Techno.

Wil started off:

Always being cocky, you're such a little bitch.

We all know you want Aria, but I ain't no snitch!

There are things I know about her that you'll never find out,

Go sit in a corner, green boy! Go sit and pout!

"Shiiiittt Wilbur..." Quackity laughed.

Aria was shocked that she was mentioned so much - was Clay actually into her, or was Wil just messing around? It sounded like Wil was defending her...

"Wil's got this in the bag!" Karl exclaimed.

The chat was going off. 

dream and aria?

WILBUR JEALOUS ARC

that was brutal

GO WILBUR

green boy

dream x aria x wilbur

what about techno?

"Oh, we haven't finished just yet..." Dream said coldly.

He got straight into it:

See, Wil, I saw your Stardew Valley stream

You want your shot at Aria? Yeah, you'll have to dream!

See here, 'mate', I've already seen her face

Don't get too salty because you're stuck in second place!

The call was quiet for a moment.

Karl broke the silence. "Ok, I think Dream won that one..."

Aria was blushing profusely. She had never been so embarrassed, and immediately the chat gave mixed responses.

did that just happen?

She's ruining their friendship

i bet she's not even pretty

SHE FACE REVEALED TO DREAM

she's playing with their feelings

i never thought i would see dream and wil fighting

TECHNO NOW'S YOUR CHANCE

"Sorry Karl, I think I have to go," she muttered.

"Ari I'm sor-" Wilbur started.

"Don't go..." Dream cut in.

She left the call.