- 22 -

"Chill out Clay! She was on the phone with her roommate and I just told her we are going to the aquarium! Nothing is happening!" Wilbur reassured.

Aria blushed. "You know what, Clay, you don't get to be jealous. Leave us alone."

Shock stretched across his face, his eyebrows furrowed and he stormed out of the room.

Wilbur glanced at her sideways. "Do you still want me to invite him along?"

Aria sighed. "You probably should, I'll just avoid him..."

"If you're sure, luv," he said with a small smile.

He booked all the tickets and they both started making breakfast.

She started making the pancake batter, Wil chopping the fruit. They worked around each other, both enjoying the comfortable silence they sat in.

She could feel Wilbur's eyes on her, watching her every move.

Giggling, she turned away from him, sticking her finger in the gooey batter.

She swung around, dabbing his nose with the sticky substance.

He feigned a look of shock. "Are you sure you wanna start this, luv?"

Aria chuckled in response.

Wilbur snatched the flour packet that was sitting on the kitchen bench, throwing it over her.

She shrieked with laughter as she was covered head to toe in the dusty white power.

"WILBUR!!" she screamed with a grin.

He ran up to her, grabbing her a pressing a finger to her flour-covered lips.

"Shh, we don't want to wake anyone up!" he whispered.

His face was only inches from hers.

He smiled, his teeth lightly grazing his lip. He brought his hand to her cheek and pulled her closer to him.

Brushing his lips to hers, it started off sweet and slow. But some vein of burning passion that ran through them both caused the moment to escalate quickly.

She brought her arms around his neck, drawing him closer and closer, kissing him harder.

He hoisted her up into his arms and placed her on the kitchen counter, not breaking the connection between them.

"Ah! My eyes!" George shouted.

Wilbur and Aria jumped apart, faces bright red, even through all the flour.

Alex wandered in, surveying the room. "Gogy are you ok? Wait, Ari why are you covered in flour? And Wil, why do you have flour on your li-... Oh my..." He chuckled knowingly.

"Um, pancakes are almost ready!" Aria said quickly, smiling awkwardly.

Alex just laughed, dragging George, who was still recovering, to the dining area.

Wil started cracking up. "I- can't be- lieve th- at just h- appened" he managed to choke through laughter.

Aria giggled quietly, pressing a quick peck on his cheek.

--

They had arrived at the aquarium. George and Alex had been telling everyone about what they walked into this morning in the kitchen. Aria and Wil just looked at each other, laughing. Clay pouted, and the minute they arrived, went off with Techno and Sapnap.

Karl, George and Quackity ran to find the dolphins, leaving Wilbur and Aria to look at the fish.

They found themselves walking through a tunnel made of glass, where the fish swam over them as they walked through.

Wil stopped suddenly and turned to her, coming up and hugging her from behind whilst she looked at the colourful fish.

"You know I met my ex-wife at an aquarium...?" he said lightly.

Shock ran over me like a truck. "I'm sorry, what?!"

"Sally the salmon..." (for everyone's fav commenter :D)

"Oh god, from the SMP... You had me worried for a second!" She sighed.

"You don't have anyone to be jealous of... you've already stolen my heart..." he whispered in a low voice.

She could feel the butterflies erupt in her stomach. She turned to face him.

"You are so beautiful..." he murmured, fiddling with the strands of hair that hung by her face.

"You aren't so bad yourself, Mr Soot!" she giggled, running her fingers through his curls.

He continued to look at her, taking a breath in. "Date me. Please. Just choose me."

--

They had arrived back at the house about an hour ago, and Aria was laying on the couch.

"Ri?"

She looked up. Clay was standing over her. She rolled her eyes, glancing away.

Guilt flashed across his features. "Aria, please come and talk to me. It won't take long, I promise."

She huffed. "Fine."

They made their way up to Clay's room.

He took a deep breath in. "I am so sorry. I shouldn't have put that pressure on you, or even ask you in the first place! I was being jealous and insecure. So I am sorry. I'm sorry that I'm such a dick." His voice was sincere. 

"Truth is, Aria, my feelings towards you shouldn't determine how I treat you. But- " he stopped himself.

"But?"

"But Aria, I can't stop loving you. I. Love. You."

Did he just say that? 

Clay loved her? 

What the fuck.

Should she tell him?

She didn't know how to describe her feelings towards him.

Wait, he loves her?

She was in DEEP shit.

"Aria?"

She hadn't realised that she had gone silent with shock.

"Clay, I'm sorry. Wil just asked me to be his girlfriend. And I said yes."

A/N - Did I just do that? Yes. I did.

Thanks as always for all the love towards this story, I appreciate every single one of you! Please don't be shy, I would love to hear your opinions throughout my book - don't be afraid to comment <3