- 15 -

Aria woke to the faint sound of birds chirping and the distant clanging of what sounded like cutlery from downstairs.

Someone's up.

She went to move, only to find Clay's arms still wrapped tightly around her. She smiled gently. She couldn't count how many times she had fantasized about waking up to him like this.

She felt him stir as he nuzzled his head into her shoulder.

"You're beautiful" he whispered into her ear.

"Good morning, Clay..." she giggled.

"I don't ever want to move..." he mumbled

"We have to get up now!" She began to pull away.

"No, don't leave me" he whined, squeezing her tighter so that escaping was near impossible.

She started laughing, feeling him begin to chuckle.

Suddenly the door opened, Sapnap waltzing in. "Cla- " 

Noticing the position the two were in made him pause, and then raise his eyebrows.

"What is going on in here?" he smirked, glancing between the two of us.

"Not what you think, Nick" Clay quickly said.

Aria shot Sapnap an awkward smile. "We'll be down in a minute..."

Sapnap just shook his head in disbelief. "Techno made breakfast..."

"Coming!" She lept out of Clay's arms and pulled him out of bed. Sapnap acknowledged the fact that his best friend was sleeping in only his boxers but chose not to say anything. He gave her a knowing smile and headed downstairs.

Aria grabbed one of Clay's hoodies to go over the tank top she was wearing. She noticed his amused expression, realising what she had just done.

"I'm so sorry, I should have asked, I didn't thin- " She began to pull the hoodie off.

"Ri! Keep it, it looks better on you anyway..." he said quietly.

He brushed a stray strand of hair away from her face. She grabbed his hand.

"Let's go downstairs" she smiled.

Techno had created a concoction of bacon, pancakes and orange juice.

"Wow!" Aria skipped in, still clutching Clay's hand. Sapnap rolled his eyes at the sight.

"Nice PJs!" Wil said with a laugh, eyeing the bunny rabbits on her pajama bottoms.

She giggled. 

"Alright, come grab some food!" Techno exclaimed.

"Are you gonna cook like this for us every morning?" Aria asked with a chuckle.

"If that's what you want, Princess," he said with a smile.

Sapnap's eyes widened at the nickname.

Aria proceeded to stuff bacon into her mouth.

"Be ready for two o'clock, Ari. That's when we are going out," Wil said quickly.

Aria nodded and everyone went back to their conversation.

--

Wil pulled her out of the house to a park about a 20-minute walk from the house.

He was wearing his famous yellow sweater and some black jeans. 

Aria's hair was back in a bun, loose tendrils framing her face. She wore a blue sweater and her white skirt. 

"Let's go, luv!" Wil grasped her hand, interlacing his fingers with hers.

She laughed as he dragged her to the grass. A picnic had been set up.

"Did you do this?" She grinned at the sight of the cushions and basket.

Wil pushed his hair out of his eyes. "I had a bit of help..." he admitted.

"It looks amazing!" She plonked herself down on the blanket.

He lowered himself next to her, grabbing her by her waist and pulling her towards him into a hug.

She looked up at him, eyes sparkling, and he couldn't help but beam at the flush on her cheeks.

They sat together for hours, talking about anything and everything. They talked about where she grew up, her family, her roommate, his life, his band, how he got into music.

She hadn't noticed, but his guitar lay by the picnic basket.

"Play for me?" She asked gently.

He strummed a few chords and then played her a song. About a girl he met on discord through his friends with who he instantaneously had a connection. Who lived in Australia... 

His voice really was beautiful, like honey, and she felt like she could have it playing on repeat in her head for the rest of her life.

He finished and she gave him a little applause.

"That was beautiful!" 

He blushed. "Almost a beautiful as the girl I wrote it about..."

She bit her lip slightly, gazing up at him through her eyelashes.

He looked down at her, eyes soft.

"Let's go grab some ice cream," he murmured quietly, still gazing at her.

"Okay" 

--

They returned to the house at dusk, when the clouds hung low in the sky. The sunset was almost over, leading into nightfall.

"Thanks so much, Wil, I had an amazing time..." she said with a smile.

"I had a great time too. And Ari, I know you have feelings towards Clay and Techno, and that's ok, but I would really love to kiss you right now, but if you don't want to that's ok t- "

She cut him off by pressing her lips to his and the whole world seemed to fall into place.