Chapter 1 "First days of first days"

CHAPTER 1

NINA'S POV
NINAS HOUSE

I'm Nina and you could say I'm not really the people person, I'm more of a let me be on my phone all the time and relax in my bed person.

Good introduction am I right?

Yes I know it's not. But stick with me here.

I've never liked to talk to people. In fact I hate it. I'd rather stay in my room and read books all day.

But instead I'm in a new town, new people, new neighbors and my mom has a new job.

New everything.

Which means, having to talk to people. Anxious, scared and well any feeling that describes how my palms sweat at the thought of it.

Finding new friends is definitely the scariest thing to me. Or even going out in general.

I just don't like talking to people, I've never been good at it.

My mom says I'm just shy, but what would she know about it, she talks to hundreds of people a day and I sit on the couch watching 'Love is blind' all day.

Well if you can't tell, I have anxiety and ADHD.
I've had panic attacks since I was young but they've calmed down over time, Now they come and go .

Ha come-

Sorry, okay back to my life. Speaking of.

I hear foot steps down the stairs and turn around to see my sister Neveah.

My sister Neveah. She's my younger sister but I think she was born to be an older sister.

She's definitely going to be a good mom one day. Even if she has to adopt the baby because well she's gay.

She sits next to me and opens the bag of chips that are on the counter and starts munching on them.

I shake my head smiling and continue to play on my computer. You probably didn't know it because my thoughts go a hundred miles an hour but I'm online shopping.

I have a problem. I need to be banned from Amazon and shein. It's a problem for my credit card and my dignity.

My mom walks in with a stressed look on her face, but changes it at soon as she sees us.

She's working really hard lately and hasn't had a break. Yet she still finds a reason to put a smile on her face, even if it is fake.

I close my computer and mumble a 'good morning.' and she returns it.

1

2-

" Neveah, put the chips down it's too early. Go get dressed I'm not driving you guys I have to go like-" my mom says and then glances down at her watch.

" Now. Okay. Working late tonight moneys in my nightstand order a pizza or Chinese." My mom says and looks around for her keys.

" chicken." I say and she turns towards me confused.

" The chicken cookie jar." I say and she walks towards it opening it and grabbing her keys out.

She put them in there when she realized it was empty after she caught Neveah eating the cookies.

" oh that reminds me. Dentist appointment coming up!" She says and Nevaeh visibly shivers dramatically.

Mom kisses my head and gives Neveah a stern look then kisses her head before walking out in her light purple scrubs.