Chapter 15 " Its my old peice of junk"

Ninas POV:
BAILEY AND SAGES HOUSE

I plop down on the couch next to bailey as he looks at me and smiles.

"The kids, they're nuts." He says and I smile and nod my head leaning my head on his shoulder

"They are..." I say and pause for a while and lean more into his shoulder and sigh.

My mind not on anything. I think Bailey can tell I've been distracted. Flash said he would be home soon 4 hours ago.

I don't know why couldn't tell me where. Most times he drags me places with him, but he didn't even make it an option this time.

He just left.

" Bailey.." I say and he hums in response talking a sip of his beer

" How'd you know.. that you were like ready for a relationship." I say and put my hands on my face in embarrassment.

I can tell he smiled because he chuckled and takes my hands off my face.

" You mean flash.. you like him?" He asks and I nod my head

" When I was 15 before me and flash were super close, I met this girl. Her name was Caroline. she was beautiful, she had black hair, green eyes, she knew how to smile. You remind me a lot of her actually." He says and I look up to meet his eyes and I see they get sad as he looks to the floor

" I knew I loved her from the moment I met her. I just didn't want to. But when I finally caved and we got together. One day it wasn't enough for her and she decided to leave and before she did.. she fucked flash and not say anything to me ever again." Bailey says as his jaw tenses and my eyes widen.

I realize what he just said then he stands up walking towards the kitchen. I follow and he grabs a water and a beer out of the fridge. He hands me the water and opens the beer for himself.

" 3 years ago?" I ask and bailey nods

" Bailey you are so much better than a girl who doesn't love you! Why can't you see that. Bailey, you're funny, quiet the looker, and you make one hell of a hangover bag." I says smiling at bailey.

" I got over it, I knew from there that I was better off without her. I just wanted to hear you say nice things about me." He says and I smile shaking my head.

Did flash have feelings for the girl?

No cant be. Right?

" I needed him more than I needed her. I needed my brother, not a girl." Those two last sentences hit me like a train.

Bailey runs a hand through his hair and says he's gonna go to the bathroom, I tell him I'm gonna head home to check on Nevaeh and he nods.

I leave and as I'm driving down the road those words keep running through my mind.

" I needed my brother, not a girl."

It showed how much he cared for flash, and how he would do anything for him. It reminded me how I felt about flash myself.

I think I am falling for flash.

I sigh as I pull into the drive way but get surprised when I see my mom and Nevaeh waiting for me on the porch smiling.

I put the car in park and get out locking it. I walk up the stairs of the porch and hand my mom the keys to her car.

" I don't need them anymore." My mom says and smiles handing them back to me

"What? Your selling the car? You got a sell for it! Finally!" I say proud of my mom.

she's been trying to sell the car ever since we moved here.

Although I'm a little sad because it's nice to drive places and not rely on my friends or even my mom.

" I did." She says and I look at the keys in my hands confused.

" Then why are you giving them to me-" I start but Nevaeh Interrupts  me

" She's giving the car to you dummy!" Nevaeh says pushing me a little bit with her crutches and then smiles

" Easy..." my mom says and gives her a quick glare and Nevaeh shakes her head waddling back inside.

" I've decided your old enough, you've had your divers license since you were 16, just never had the chance to drive or get a car. So, since you've been driving this for a while already you might as well just keep it." She says and I smile exited to get out of the house more.

"But with car comes responsibilities. I will give you 60 bucks every two weeks it's your responsibility to make sure it goes to your gas and not anything stupid. And don't get into a crash like your sister, don't drink and drive, and make sure to wear your seatbelt. I can't loose a child." She says sadly grabbing my shoulders pulling me into a hug.

I hug her back knowing she cares to much. I'm so lucky to have her.

"It's a peice of junk but it's something." My mom says pulling away wiping her teary eyes, and I smile

" it's my peice of junk, and it's perfect mom thank you." I say and wipe a tear from under her eye " I love you mom." I say after a little bit and look at the keys in my hand and smile

" I have to do something I'll see you later.." I say and smile and she smiles too,

" Be careful please!" She shouts after me and I nod my head

I have to check on my boy.

Yeah it doesn't work for me like it works for flash huh?

Oh well.
____________________________________

Oh and here is Ninas new car/ old car because it's her moms old when from when she was a teenager.

- V