Chapter 22 " Who gave you that horrible advice?"

NINAS POV:

Flash smiles at me and I want to smile back but I almost feel frozen. Almost like I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do or not.

" Nina I don't want to hurt you. I want to talk to you. That's all I've wanted to do for these past days." Flash says almost sensing the way I feel like he always does.

He doesn't sound drunk anymore, Bailey must've drowned him in water.

" Please Nina. Can we talk?" He asks and I nod walking towards the couch sitting down. He sits down next to me.

" You know Bailey told me about yours and Baileys ex, Caroline." I say something finally. He looks up not even a little surprised about Bailey talking about him. I almost smile at that.

" His ex." He corrects and I nod.

"What'd he say?" Flash asks sitting back. Placing his head on the back of the couch.

"That she broke your guys hearts." I say and glance at him. He shakes his head.

" No. she broke his heart. Me, no." He mumbles and I roll my eyes, of course he's gonna to act all tough.

" when you lose someone important it stays with you. Is that why you didn't want to fall in love with me?" I say and turn towards him

" You don't know what it's like to be in love with you Nina. You take up every part in my brain. It wasn't a choice to fall in love with you. It consumes me." He says and pauses leaning his head on the couch and I look at him shocked.

"Before you, I had no mom no dad. All I had was Bailey Sage and Ace. Then you showed up and smiled at me and I needed to walk away. It pissed me off to see you so happy with my friends." he says and he closes his eyes.

i finally get to actually look at him. I look at how a piece of his hair lays perfectly on his forehead, how his lips are perfectly round. How his jawline is so defined. He's perfect.

He opens one of his eyes and peaks at me. He re-closes his eyes.

" You know Nina you can take a picture." he says and smirks.

i smile and look away.

" You're very pretty." I say and lay my head on the back of the couch too.

"I should be saying that to you." He says and I sit up, moving the hair out of my face.

" Does it ever scare you?" I ask and he opens his eyes and raises his brow.

" What?" He asks clearly confused.

" Well, you've never told me about your father but.. I've told you about mine. Does it ever scare you that we might be like them?" I ask and for the first time I don't feel like crying.

For the first time I'm at ease talking about my dad. And yeah it hurts still but when I'm with flash it's easy. Too easy.

" Well Nina, I can tell you from what you've told me you're nothing like him. You're a great person. You're gonna be a great mother one day. And be the best wife to a lucky man." Flash says and I look up at him and smile.

I lean closer to him and hug him. I know that it's been a lot for the both of us these past couple of days but, we still have each other.

Even if it might just be as friends. He's a good person. And I'll get what I can take as long as I still have him.

" I love you so much." I say and pull away. He looks at me. Shocked. Then his eyes turn hard.

" Do you know why that guy even came into your house?" He asks and I pull away from him.