Chapter 16 " He butter get used to that.."

Flashs pov:
In flashs car

I might regret this later but it has to be done.

"Flash this is so stupid! Just tell me where we are!" Ninas impatient self says and slams her hands to her thighs, which I don't miss.

I want to do that.

I would fuck her right here but that would ruin my surprise.

So instead I put my hand on her thigh with a smirk when I feel her tense.

" Everything alright love?" I ask and she hums and her cheeks turn a bright pink color

" Where did you get your accent?" Nina asks after a moment of silence

" My father. He lived in Australia then moved here for a work trip. And when he came to California he met my mum, and of course they kept in contact and they fell in love." I look at her to see she's listening so I keep talking.

"Shortly after they had me and he moved to Hawaii and my mum moved here, because she found out about her having cancer." I say and she places her hand over mine that's resting on her thigh and I smile

"She had me and let me visit my dad whenever he was here. After a while when I was old enough I was able to meet my dads side of the family and when I turned 7 she didn't let me visit him anymore because she got sicker and she didn't want my dads pity." I say and she squeezes my hand to encourage me to keep going

"My dad called sent letters trying to find her and me but when she got a call from my dads family telling her he was dead and died, she got depression. She went to therapy and brought me with her. And this is that place." I say as on cue I park right in front of the building I was at earlier this week.

A chill runs down my spine as I realized I told her everything.

Will she leave me?

" Flash.." Nina says and I look at her realizing she was looking at me this whole time.

" I'm so sorry butterfly." She says and unbuckles her seatbelt swinging her arms around my neck.

I jump a little back not expecting her to be so accepting. I thought she would run, run as fast as she could. But she's not.

I lo- I really like her. I sigh at the smell of her, she smells like strawberries.

I slowly wrap my arms around her waist and put my face in her neck, she's always warm too. Then I tilt my head, as I remember the name she called me.

"Butterfly?" I ask and she giggles as she pulls back and smiles at me.

"Yes. You're my butterfly. You try to hide your true self and scare people off with your tattoos which resembles a butterfly wings design. but when you trust a person you show trust. And love. Just like a butterfly. And you also love flowers." She says and giggles at her own sentence " it's stupid I know.." she says and puts her hands on her face and I move her hands

"It's not. I love it." I say and she smiles and hops out of the car

" Move it buddy! We have some business to take care of!" She says and I smile hopping out of the car as well.

" You ready?" She asks and grabs my hand holding it and giving it a gentle squeeze and I nod.

"With you, yes." I say and we both start to walk up the stairs of the building.

It's true. With Nina it feels like I can do anything, be anything, it feels powering.

I want to change for her, and not just for her but also for myself, and I haven't wanted to change for myself in a while.

She makes me feel important. And I owe it all to her. If I hadn't met Nina I don't what I would be doing today.

I only decided to be captain of that awful team because I wanted to try to have a fresh start and that is what I got.

And I couldn't be fucking happier. She's been by my side through all of it. And is still here. No ones ever stayed this long. I really hope she doesn't leave me.

" I've been here.. it all seems so familiar-" Ninas sentence gets cut off by Kenny walking in and freezing

"Two people I thought I'd never see again." He says and tilts his head at our hands, " Well now I know why he's acting different it's because of you." Mr. Ken says and smiles

" Kenny?" Nina asks kinda shocked he nods and opens his office door us following close behind.

Time skip

Apparently Nina came here as a kid and when she moved after her dads passing, she couldn't still come to therapy.

So she just switched districts and didn't think she needed therapy anymore when she moved back here this year.

Now I definitely do believe everything is connected.

Now we sit on the couch and I would be lying if i didn't say I want to die.

It's so fucking awkward but Nina doesn't seem to notice as she's by the window sniffing the fucking roses.

She lifts her head up and there's red all over her nose and I smile looking away from her as I hear her sneeze.

I chuckle and hand her a tissue box, more like make her take it because she didn't want to bother me or kens 'conversation'.

" I feel like an undercover spy of some sort, like standing here. Ken! Want to play good cop bad cop?"Nina says out of nowhere before he can react she tells him to be the bad cop and her to be the good cop.

She stands up and sits on the table in front of me.

"Come around here often?" She asks in a deep voice trying to sound cool I almost roll my eyes but nod my head trying not to laugh as she cocks her eyebrow at me.

" Yes ma'am." I say and she smiles then it turns into a frown

" Are you calling me old butterfly?" She asks and I shake my head with a scuff

" I'm older than you. How could I-" before I can finish my sentence she places her index finger on my lips making me stop talking as she jumps off the table pacing in the room,

" Sheriff Ken you hear this man over here? Calling me old." She says in a fake southern accent and all while Kenny just looks like he witnessed a murder.

" You never let anyone touch you. You barley even talk to anyone, let alone let someone be that close. And she just touched you. and called you butterfly? she has a gift." He says and stands up shaking hands with Nina who still has red rose dust all over her nose and lip.

" What the fuck did I get myself into." I say as I roll my eyes and Nina just smiles

" Thanks Ken!" She says and taps his butt and he looks at her with an odd expression.

He butter get used to that- I've been spending to much time with Nina.

____________________________________

Have a good day! Make sure to vote and comment!

- V