Chapter 9 - Awake?

(Ok so now I'm going to add POV's maybe just for this chapter or maybe for the rest of this story thing... IDK. But this chapter will just be a lot easier to write and understand... mainly write... I'm lazy ok. Don't say you aren't. Unless you actually aren't- anyways let's start with this before my brain goes blank and I forget what I was gonna do with this chapter 😀)

...

Hayes' POV
Tears make my left arm soaked. I open my eyes slightly to see a blondish, light brown haired woman crying on my arm. It's Meredith.

"Please wake up. Please wake up. I love you. I love you. I love you." I can hear her repeat in a whisper.

"I love you too..." I say faintly.

She lifts her head up and smiles in shock. She instantly hugs me. But not tight because she knows I'm still in pain. She's been in many situations like this before. After she let go of me she called in Dr. Shepherd and Pierce.

...
(2 weeks later)
...

"Today is the day you finally get to go home and sleep in your own bed! Are you excited??" Dr. Shepherd says.

"Why of course Dr Shepherd. Of course I'm excited!" I say back to her.

"Amelia. Call me Amelia. And you should call Maggie, Maggie. Well, ask her first but I'm pretty sure she'll say yes.... Amelia." she says back with a smile as she helps me pack some of my stuff.

"Well, Amelia, I'll make sure to ask her, Amelia." I say to her jokingly making her slightly laugh.

Meredith soon walks in and leans at the door.

"Hey, Amelia... can... we have a minute?" she says.

Amelia nodded and walked away leaving just me and her in the room. Meredith and I...

She walks closer to me... about where Amelia was standing... just on the same side of the hospital bed as me. She takes Amelia's place and helps me pack.

We pack in silence for what feels like a billion years. Till she stops folding my blue shirt and turns to face me. I stop packing and look back at her.

Meredith's POV
We kept inching closer and closer together until our lips met. It wasn't a long kiss but it was an amazing kiss. His soft lips makes him an amazing kisser.

After we let go of the kiss, our foreheads touch as I wanted to say something.

"You scared me." I said.
"You made me fall in love with you and then you almost died. Just like everyone else I love... loved."

"But I didn't. I'm still here, aren't I? I stayed for you. Well, and for my children but also for you. I will never leave you." he said back to me before our lips met again. This time, it was more passionate.

...

Hayes' POV
"Hayes. Please please please wake up. Your sons need you... I... wake up." I hear a soft voice whisper.

I open my eyes slowly to find out it was all a dream... that... that Meredith never told me that she loved me. We never kissed. I wasn't going home.

At least I did wake up to her beautiful smile.