Chapter 14 - Jane Doe

Meredith's POV
"Jane Doe, about 12 years old. Driver didn't see her while she was crossing the street." the paramedic said as they pulled the tiny girl out of the ambulance.

"Where are her parents?" Hayes asked as we began to run inside.

"No clue. No emergency contacts on her phone and no contacts labeled mom, dad, aunt, uncle, or anything." the paramedic responded as we entered an er room and the paramedic left us.

"Obvious head wound... someone paige neuro!" Hayes yelled before her bp started to drop.

"Shepherd. Paige Shepherd! And tell her to bring the ct scanner to the or!" I yell before we started to prepare to rush to an or.

"Can she even do that?" and intern asked.

"She's done it before and I'm sure she'll do it again. Especially if it's to save a young girls life!" I yell as we get further and further from the interns.

...
after surgery
...

Hayes' POV
"Bummer she didn't make it.." I said to Meredith as she laid on an on call room bed.

"Yeah..." she said as she sat up and we made eye contact.

We stared at each other for at least a minute until she got paged back to the er.

She let out a slight sigh and got up. She stopped at the door where I was standing. She looked like she wanted to say something but nothing would come out and it was obvious. We looked deep into each other's eyes in silence. We got closer and closer together until our lips touched.

...

No one's POV
They heard waves crashing. Like they were on a beach!

Derek was there. It was a beach. He was looking down at his wife with a smile on his face till a woman walked up to him.

"That your wife?" she asked.

"Yeah.." Derek responded with a slight smirk.

"That's my husband she's kissing." she said.

"Well isn't that a coincidence?!" Derek chuckled.

"Yeah... your wife and my husband!" she said.
"Oh I'm Abigail by the way."

"Nice to meet you Abigail. Derek." he responded with a smile as they shook hands.

...
back to merhayes kissing
...

Meredith's POV
Our lips finally touched. We've come close so many times. My heart is pumping faster than it has in a while... since Derek.

I suddenly felt like I was kissing him again. Obviously I knew that it wasn't him because he is dead and has been for a while now but I peeked my eyes open for the shortest amount of time. Allowing me to see his shiny head that I adore before closing my eyes again.

Hayes' POV
Her lips are the softest thing in the whole entire world. Abigails lips were soft as well. This made me think... 'Was this Abigail? Was the last few years just a dream? If so, why does the dream feel so real?'. I opened my eyes for a millisecond to see her dirty blonde hair. It was the woman I've loved since Abigail... and it feels right. I close my eyes again and embrace the last few moment of the kiss.

Our lips finally pulled apart.

"I um... I should get down to the uh.. the... um" she tried to say.

"The er?" I asked.

"Yeah... if they paged me it must've been urgent or something... so... um... yeah." she said before leaving the on call room.

...

(I am so very deeply sorry that this took forever to write but um yeah- tHey fiNaLLy had their first kiss 😜 tongue? no tongue? up to you. Um if you saw my tiktok from like May then you might recognize some bits 👀)