McHouse - Part 2

Meredith's POV
I wiped my tears and stood outside for a second trying to calm myself down.

'Oh my god. This can't be real... right? I must be dreaming!' I thought to myself.

I walked up to the front door, the last place I ever kissed my husband, and turn the knob and open the door to see Hayes sitting on the couch with a worried look on his face.

"Is something wrong?" I ask as I sit next to him.

"I should be the one asking you that." he started.

We looked deep into each others eyes and he grabbed my hands before he continued.

"There's a lot of windows on this house... I saw you outside... crying." he finished.

Hayes' POV
I was worried that something had happened to one of her kids or sisters. I was assuming sisters because if it were one of her kids she'd be driving home right now.

"This house..." she said before we fell into 5 minutes of silence.

"What do you mean? Is it too much? If so I'm sorry." I say back.

I notice how her light green, sometimes blue eyes were starting to water. She opened her mouth like she was gonna say something but nothing came out.

I hugged her and rubbed her back to make her feel better... feel safe. Until she pushed away.

"I'm sorry I- I can't-" she began to say. Her face told me that she didn't know how to phrase her next sentence.

Meredith's POV
I want to tell him but I don't know how to. I just want to leave. I want to get out of here. That's why I sold it. But I couldn't leave. Hayes put so much effort into tonight that it would seem wrong to.

"When are we gonna eat?" I say as I wipe my tears away.

"Look, if this is making you uncomfortable I can just drop you back at h-"

"No. It's fine. I'm fine. I think I'm just cranky or something I don't know." I say while pulling away from his hands.

(So um there's gonna be kinda like a part 3?? Not rlly but kinda- it's like after the night and- you'll see)

(LMAO NVM ITS NOT)