Chapter 21 - "I'm Fine"

"I'm fine"

...

1 hour ago...

Amelia's POV
I woke up lying on a rock. What just happened? Where am I? I see a hand reach out to me.

"Hey, are you okay?", the person asked as they helped me up.

"Yeah, I think. What about you?"

"Oh I'm good don't worry about me. I'm a surgeon. I can take care of myself. Now, let me take a look at that wound," the woman said pointing to my head.

"No, I'm good. I feel perfectly... oddly enough."

"At least let me look."

"Fine. But tell me the truth. I don't care if I'm dying or not. I'm also a surgeon. I can deal with it," I say while trying not to cry. It really did hurt but I didn't want to make a fuss.

"Well, I just recently became a cardio attending so heads and whatever isn't my strongest suit but, it's better than nothing."

"Well if we find a mirror somewhere here I could check it out myself," I said cockily. Which made her laugh.

"I'm Rebecca Chen but everyone calls me Bec."

"Amelia Shepherd."

"Can I call you....... Amy?"

My eyes started to water as I remembered the only person who was allowed to call me that. Derek.

"Is your head starting to hurt now or was it something I said?"

"Oh no... and I- it would be better if you didn't call me A-" I began to say as my mind just went blank.

We crashed. We crashed and are in the middle of nowhere. And where in god's name is Meredith Grey? Those kids of hers have been though enough already.

"Mer..." I said faintly before I passed out.

————
   later
————

I began to open my eyes, eyelids heavier than ever, and see the sun glaring on a piece of metal beside me.

"You fainted," Bec started as I looked around confused and worried, "what's wrong with your face? And who's this 'Mer'. You kept saying their name."

"She's my sister... well sister-in-law if you want to get specific. But she's more of a sister to me than my actual sisters are," I said as I stood up. "We were both on the plane. We- we- had this... thing," I tried to phrase my words but I couldn't. My body's probably just in shock.
"She has three kids who already lost their dad. Would it be too much of me to ask you to help me find her?" I asked as I lost my balance and leaned on a tree.

"Of couse I'll help. You just take it easy... looking a bit green there Shepherd," she said as she reached her arm out for me to latch on to it.

————

"I'm fine"

————

(I may or may not have completely forgotten about this book- um... ANYWAYS sorry it's taken literally over a month for this to come out but since this is my first update of the year Happy New Year 😻😻🥳 ig Chinese New Year was like what... 2 days ago?????? so... ok byeeee :] OH AND IT PROBABLY KINDA SEEMS LIKE THIS IS NOT RELATED TO MERHAYES BUT JUST WAIT)