Chapter 11 - Locked

(So um... ig I'm keeping the whole POV thing)
...
Meredith's POV
"Oh I see you're back at work!" I say as I see him eating a croissant in the attendings lounge.

"Yep. Been cleared." he replied back, taking another bite of his bread

The door opened and Maggie walked in.

"Oh! Dr. Hayes! You're back!" she says leaning in to hug him.
"Are you excited to be back?" she asks.

"Well yeah honestly. My couch now has a dent from me sitting there too much." Hayes replied.

...
Group Meeting
...

Maggie's POV
"So, as we all know it's Hayes' first day back." I say while walking around the room.
"We need to work on the second pla-" I began to say before I got cut off.

"Hold up... I thought I was the 'leader' of this group. I mean I brought you all here and it was my idea..." Amelia says.

"Right, sorry..." I said back. They all sat there in silence while I stood in front of them, not making a peep.

"Well?! What are you waiting for? You already started" Amelia breaks the silence.

"Oh- well... okay then... what should our next plan be..?"

...
Plan 2
- Locked in the on call room
- Owen
...

Meredith's POV
"Hey, Mer." I hear Maggie calling for me.

I walk closer so we don't have to yell across the hallway.

"Yeah? What's wrong? Did someone die?" I asked.

"No I- wait what makes you think that?" she asked.

"Oh... uh nothing just continue."

"The chief wanted to talk to you in the on call room."

"Oh... why the on call room? Is Bailey trying to sleep with me? Because that would be weird. Like, really weird." I say back.

"No it's just apparently she needs to talk to you in private and she said there's something wrong with her office." Maggie replied back.

"Oh... well... okay then. Tell her I'll be there in about five minutes or so." I replied back, walking back to where I was before and going to check up on one of my patients in post-op.

...
later
...

I open the door to the on call room to see that Bailey isn't there and that two other people, Teddy and Hayes, were there.

"Did the chief ask to speak to you too?" Teddy asked.

"Yeah." I say while closing the door behind me then sitting on the bed with them.

"Why do you think she called us. Especially us three. Peds, general, cardio/trauma..." Hayes said.

"Maybe a kid got into a terrible accident or something... I have no other explanation." I responded.

Several minutes went by and all we heard was the clock ticking.
Tic, toc. Tic, toc.
And Bailey wasn't there. We all wanted to leave but also didn't want to get in trouble because she was the chief.

"I'll go look for her." Teddy says while standing up and heading to the door.

She opens the door, exits and closes to door. Leaving Hayes and I in the room.

"How's your first day back?" I ask.

Hayes POV
"Not the best, honestly. But if I'm being completely honest it's incredible not seeing my kids fight all day. I love them and all but jeez..."

"Try having both genders and an adopted kid. Never ends well." Meredith responds back.

"Hm... yeah that must be tough. How'd you end up with those kids anyways?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, how'd you know you wanted Zola. I'm just curious... and honestly just trying to start a conversation." I responded.

She chuckled which made me smile and forget about Dr. Bailey for a quick second.

"While you're at it, might as well tell how you told your husband you were pregnant." I added.

"Why? Are you trying to tell your husband you're pregnant?" she asked jokingly before she told me everything.

...
(I am not going to write all of that bc it's actually in grey's so yeah...)
...

"What about you. How'd your wife tell you she was pregnant?" Meredith asked.

"Well with my oldest, Liam, she told hers and my whole family before me. They planned a whole party so when I came home from work. 'Surprise were having a baby!!!' It was cute but I honestly almost died from being scared. And with Austin she did a very similar thing to you. She put Liam in a shirt that said 'World's best big brother' it took me like 2 minutes to figure out what she was saying." I said.

"That's a very unusual coincidence that we both did the shirt thing." Meredith said.

"Mhm"

"Where the hell is Teddy?" she asked as she got up and started to walk to the door.

She rattled the doorknob for a bit.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"It's locked. We're locked in here." Meredith replied.

"Can't we just unlock it?"

"No. This is the only on call room that locks from the outside."

...

(So this is gonna have a part 2... the suspense 😩 not rlly but whatever)