Chapter 10 - 'Cupcakes'

(uh yeah so this chapter will have POV's like the last... so yeah 😀)
...
2 weeks later. Hayes is now actually home.
...
Hayes' POV
I am watching television with my children. We are also munching on some popcorn as well till, I hear the doorbell go off. I started to stand up to get the door. My older son, Liam, told me to sit back down and that he'd get the door because I need to rest. So obviously, I sat back down as he walked towards the door.

"Oh- hi!" I hear a more high pitched voice come. It sounds like...

"Hey, Austin..." I hear Liam yell at his brother.
"Why don't you go to your room and we can continue the movie there!" he finishes.

Austin stands up in confusion and walks to the front door to ask his brother what was going on. Until he saw her.

"Oh... okay" I can hear him whisper to his brother.

"He's in the living room... just come right in." Liam says as his brother runs up the stairs, which he soon follows.

I hear the door close and footsteps approach. Slowly getting louder and louder. Till I see her.

"Hey there." I say to her as she's looking the other way for the living room.

She swiftly turns around and walks towards me.

"So, recovering well?" she asks as she stops right infront of the coffee table.

"Well yes." I responded.

She stood there in silence as I sat on the couch... also in silence.

"Come on. You can sit down you know" I finally say to break the awkward silence.

She walks towards the couch and sits right beside me, placing a plate of... well I don't know... on the coffee table.

"Why did you bring an organ to my house?" I ask jokingly.

"It's cupcakes. Well, it's supposed to be cupcakes..." she says while taking the plastic wrap off of the plate and bringing the plate closer to me.

Meredith's POV
"I've been too scared to try them." I said while offering him some.

"And you think I want to try those??" he asks.

"Good point..." I say as I place the plate on my lap.
"Try them together?" I ask hoping that I didn't waste my time making these 'cupcakes'.

"Fine." he says while taking one.
"Ready? 3... 2... 1"

We both sit there in shock. They actually don't taste too bad.

"Hm... where'd you get this recipe? Did your mother give this to you before she died?" he asked while taking another one.

I sat there and laughed for a little bit.

"What?" he asked all confused.

"The only thing my mother gave me was the Alzheimer's genes." I say, still laughing.

He soon joins in. "Meredith Grey, you have a dark sense of humour!" he says.

"I got this recipe from an old friend, Izzie. She left it at my house before she left. I assume it wasn't for me but I took it anyways... so." I said after we were done laughing.

"Did she die too??" he said in a shock.

"Oh! No! She was an intern with Yang and I. She moved and had babies... kinda a long story..." I say back.

Hayes' POV
I sit there just staring at her eat one more of her 'cupcakes'.

"Oh! You got some frosting on your nose!" I say.

"Hm? Where?"

"Right there."

"Did I get it?"

"A little bit more to the left..."
"Nope.. my left."
"Here..." I say as I grab a tissue and wipe it off of her face.

I pull the tissue away and realize how close our faces actually were, again. I stare into her beautiful green eyes as she stares right back into mine.

"I-..." she breaks the moment.

We both stand up and I walk her to the door.

"Goodbye... Hayes..." she says.

"Bye..."

...
(Idk why I made Hayes sound so fancy by saying 'television' instead of a simple 'TV' but just imagine him saying television with that Irish accent- 😧🔥 anyways...)