Chapter 19 - Alone

Meredith's POV
I woke up feeling exhausted and in pain. I sat up to look around me. Trees, trees, trees. It was then that I knew it happened again.

I slowly crawled towards a tree to help myself up. My leg was bad. Not as bad as Arizona's was, but still bad.

I stood up and leaned against the tree. I thought I had heard someone screaming in pain. That was until I realized I was imagining things. I was imagining Arizona laying on the ground yelling then Cristina yelling at her back to 'shut up'. That's when I realized I was all alone this time.

All I saw was trees for miles. I wanted to break down and cry but I knew that Amelia was out there someone and a lot of helpless people who aren't doctors like we are need help that they can't give themselves. So, I take off my sweater and tie it around my leg. It was the only thing I could find.

I walked for what felt like forever till I saw something... or shall I say... someone.

They had a full head of short silver hair, looked quite taller than I am, and was wearing scrubs. Why would a stranger who was on a plane be wearing scrubs? Was it Cristina? It couldn't be her because she has long, curly, black hair.

The figure stepped over then I finally saw a face.

"What are you doing here? Am I... dead?"