Friday - Part 2

Hayes' POV
I drove in silence for about 7 or 8 minutes. I had no clue what to talk about and it was obvious she didn't either.

"So, um, how'd you like Switzerland?" she asked to break the silence.

"Um... didn't you ask this in an OR once?" I asked.

"I don't think so."

"Okay.. well, it was a nice change. After Ab- yeah." I said before we fell into silence for another minute.
"Dr Yang was a lot. You should know that because you're her 'Twisted Sister'. She talked about you... a lot." I said.

"Oh yeah? What did she say?"

"Well, she told me how crappy of a mother The Ellis Grey was. Is that true?"

"I know there's probably someone out there who was even crappier but yeah I guess I would say that I definitely didn't get my parenting skills from her." she says with a chuckle before I parked in the parking lot of the 'La Fontana Siciliana' by Joe's Bar.

Meredith's POV
So far... this date has been very awkward. Usually I'm not this awkward outside of work and I'm pretty sure he isn't as well but, I think he's just nervous and it may be projecting onto me as well.

"Reservation for Cormac please." he says as we enter the restaurant.

The lovely lady smiled and lead us to our table.

"Would you guys want any drinks to start with?" she asked.

"Um... just... some water?" I ask Hayes.

"Yeah. Water will be fine." he replies.

The woman walks away.

We sat there in awkward silence and time stopped. I was on a date. A date with a man. A man my age. A man who's been married before. If I'm being honest, I'm still trying to wrap this around my head.

He started to laugh as the silence got to that point of awkwardness. I shortly joined in laughing.

We laughed until the woman, Nora... is what her name tag said, brought us our drinks.
"This your first?" she asks.

"Um..." we both say at the same time.

"I'll take that as a yes." she replied with a slight smirk.
"Do you guys know what you want to order yet?"

We both looked at each other before I spoke.

"We might need another minute or so."

...
after dinner
...

Hayes' POV
We leave the restaurant and get into my car. I begin to drive to her house to drop her off but first, I need to get something.

"Hayes, where are you going?!" Meredith asked as I took a left instead of a right.

"Cormac. You should be able to call me by my first name when we're not working. And I just need to... well, you'll see." I reply.

"Cormac... Cormac... hm." she says. She's obviously trying to get used to calling me by my first name.

A few seconds go by where I'm driving in silence. That's until she speaks again.

"No... see that just doesn't sound right. Y'know?"

I chuckled at her comment. "Okay then Hayes is fine with me. Whatever makes you comfortable." I reply with a smile.

I park in the parking lot of the grocery store we almost kissed at about a month ago.

"Wait here." I say as I get out the car. She nods and waits patiently.

Meredith's POV
What could he possibly be doing in there?! And why is it so important that he cannot wait until tomorrow or something?

I see him walk up to his car with a paper bag in his hand. It's obviously some kind of alcoholic beverage.

"What is that?" I ask him as soon as he opens the driver's door.

"Tequila." he replied with a huge smile.

...

(another cliffhanger 🙃❤️)

(also sorry I haven't updated in about a week... 😅)

(ALSSOOOOO sorry for skipping the whole dinner part- it's just that... i really have no clue what people talk about on dinner dates... or on dates at all 😀 #neverbeenonone😽 um... my dm's are open y'know 😏😏 jk jk... I mean... unless? nah aNYWAYS)