Chapter Twenty-Six - Daryl

TW: talk of suicide and rape, no details

The sun peaks through the gap in the curtains and directly into my eyes, stirring me awake. I'm immediately met with nausea and a stabbing headache. I sit up on the edge of the bed and keep my head down until my wave of sickness subsides. There's a rustling of blankets behind me and I turn around to see Jakki rolling to face me, still dead asleep. She's naked from our rather heated activities of last night, as am I. My eyes roam her exposed skin as I recall last night.

        It was a side of Jakki I had never experienced. She didn't seem to be shy or awkward, she just almost let herself go all out on me. She had a side that was a bit of a tease and liked to bestow pleasure upon her partner. And she would definitely let herself be loud if it weren't for the fear of attracting walkers. I loved our time. It was hot, but sweet, and very fun. Drunk sex wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I feared it wouldn't be good, yet I still initiated it. It wasn't planned, I just felt this need wash over me as we were dancing last night. She was so beautiful and I just needed to see more.

        I get up from the bed and find my jeans that Jakki threw against the wall last night and put them on. My mouth feels like cotton and I know Jakki is going to be feeling it too, if not worse, when she wakes up. She's always thirsty when she wakes up so I always get her some water if I wake before her. I run to the kitchen and perform my usual morning duties, including one for myself this time. Upon returning to the room, I find Jakki sitting up in bed, her hand clutching her stomach.

"Why did you let me do this to myself?" She grumbles at me.

"You seemed like you really wanted to do it," I hand her the glass and she thanks me.

        She sighs and closes her eyes. "Everything is so bright and loud." Yeah, no shit.

        I sit next to her and sip on my water, Jakki doing the same. We remain in silence for a minute before Jakki mutters something and jumps up from the bed. Fast foot steps recede down the hall. I follow them to the bathroom and find Jakki heaving over the toilet. Sighing softly, I stand behind her to hold her hair back. Nothing but water comes up, yet she shudders, still equally disgusted.

"Daryl, go back to the bedroom. I don't want you to see me like this." She wipes her mouth and flushes, still kneeling at the toilet like she knows more is going to come up.

"I don't think so," I grab her toothbrush and toothpaste from the counter before sliding down the wall to sit with her.

        Without a word, she brushes her teeth and spits it into the toilet, rinsing it off in the tub and leaving it on the edge. Her arms fold over her chest and and she leans back into mine, allowing me to put my arms around her.

"I don't wanna be naked right now, but I don't want you to get up," her voice vibrates through my ribs.

        My eyes scan the room and land on the towel hanging right above my head. I pull it down and drape it over Jakki.

"Thank you," she pauses. "What about you? How are you feeling?"

"I thought I was gonna throw up but it's passed. I've been through this rodeo a few more times than you have," I chuckle and help her adjust the towel around herself. "When you feel better, we'll get you into some clothes."

        Jakki nods and nuzzles her way into my chest, sitting still when she finds a comfortable spot. Her eyes fall shut and her body relaxes against me. My hand slowly rubs up and down her arm, only stopping when she lifts her head to talk to me.

"I think that's the only time I'm gonna throw up. Can we get some clothes now?"

         I help her back up on her feet and walk her back to the room. She picks up her clothes from last night and puts them back on, looking around the room.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Aug 19, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Paint You Wingsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें