Chapter Twelve - Daryl

Warning: this chapter has the use of the R word. If you're uncomfortable or that triggers you, please skip this chapter. I'll leave a summary in bold at the bottom.

       They stripped me of my clothes and threw me into a windowless cell. I couldn't keep track of time but it felt like I had been there for so many weeks when it was probably only a few days. The one with the burn scars on his face, Dwight, he fed me dog food. He also thought it was cute to wear my vest and use my crossbow.

       Negan finally came to visit me. He stood in the doorway while I sat in the corner, staring at the floor.

"So, that red head," he walked into the cell and stood in front of me. "She your daughter?"

       I looked up at him and shook my head. "No."

"Wait... is she your girl?" He smirked.

       I looked down. I knew somebody would finally say something about the age difference. I was always afraid that she would leave me for it so it wasn't something I was a big fan of.

"Robbin' the cradle, aren't ya?" He laughed. "Daryl over here got him a young piece of ass."

"She's not a piece of ass." I growled, balling my hands into fists.

       He kneeled down in front of me. "Then what is it? Love?" He said mockingly. "Come on, how is she in bed?"

       My eyes darted to him and back down to the floor. We haven't had sex. And I knew he was gonna shame me for it.

       He tilted his head back in surprise. "Seriously? You haven't hit that? She's young and not bad looking. She might be a crier but it's worth the fuck."

       My fists got tighter as he went on. He didn't know why she didn't want it and why I wasn't gonna ask her for it. How do you even ask a girl for it? I was still a virgin.

"Unless... you're still a virgin, aren't ya?" He laughed. "You're like, what, forty at least? You still haven't gotten your dick wet?" He tilted his head. "Has she even asked for it?"

"No. And I'm not asking her." I said lowly.

"Why? She is with an older guy probably because she has that Daddy kink going on. Assert dominance."

       I glared up at him. There was no holding back anymore. "When we found her, she was being forced to be shared between eight guys. She was raped everyday for at least a year, asshole."

       His face fell. Regret washed over, probably the only time I'll ever see that. He looked down at the ground and then back at me.

"You know, we do a lot of shit here but we don't tolerate rape." He ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm sorry for what I said and I'm sorry about your girl." He stood up.

       I watched him stand. He actually sounded sincere. And it might have been the only time in his life he wasn't a complete ass.

"Here." He tossed me dirty sweats that reeked of sweat and human waste. The shirt had an A painted over it in red. I quickly put the clothes on, tired of feeling so exposed.

       "What's your name?" He leaned against the door way, his bat dangling at his side.

"Daryl."

       He chuckled and threw a picture at me before shutting the door. A little bit of light shown in through the gap between the floor and the door.

       I picked up the picture and studied it in the light.

       It was Glenn. What was left of him. I did this. This was on me.

       I threw the picture across the room and fell back into the wall, sobbing. He was gone because of me. Maggie lost a husband, their baby lost a father. It was all my fault.

       He was taunting her and hurting her. I completely forgot about the rule and when I remembered, I thought it would be me.

       I started to think about Jakki and what it felt like to hold her and be around her. Then I thought about what she was doing right now and how I so badly wanted to be with her. She was strong but I also knew that she wanted me for some reason. She felt like she needed me.

       I missed her scent and her voice and the way she felt. I had to get back to her. I had to find a way out of here.

       Going back and protecting her was the only thing on my mind. I also needed to protect everyone else but she was my priority.

       The door swing open a few hours later and Dwight pulled me out by my arm. He led me out to the truck and tossed me in the back. We parked a while later and he yanked me back out. We were in Alexandria.

       There was Rick and Eugene and Rosita, all waiting at the entrance.

       Negan went on about how it was time to collect his goods and shit. I drowned him out and looked towards mine and Jakki's house. She stepped out with her head down and arms crossed as she headed towards us.

       She stopped when she looked up. She looked directly at me and started walking faster. "Daryl..." I heard her say softly, her voice cracking.

       Negan stepped between us. "Look at him, touch him, talk to him, I'll cut something off of him and make you all watch." He spoke lowly.

       Jakki took a couple steps back as she stared up at him. She turned on her heel and quickly walked back to our house. I couldn't help but watch her walk off.

       He made me help him take everything from all the houses. He spared mine, though. Probably because he knew Jakki was in it.

       We headed back after he got everything. I was made to help unload it and then I was thrown back into my cell.

       All I could do was plan. I wanted to cry but there was no time. I just let the tears burn at my eyes while I tried to figure out my next move.

       I just had to get back to her.

A/N: so, basically, what happened was Negan gave Daryl a hard time about Jakki and how he was much older than her, how they haven't had sex, and how Daryl was a virgin. Negan tells Daryl to assert his dominance and that causes Daryl to snap, spilling out Jakki's past. He drags Daryl along for his first raid in Alexandria, threatens to hurt him in front of Jakki, etc.