Yumeko Jabami

THIRD PERSON POV:

Yumeko looked at (F/N) with a frown. (F/N) had gotten sick a few days ago, and they weren't looking so great. (F/N) reassured her that they would be alright, but Yumeko didn't really believe them.

(F/N) coughed as they snuggled into Yumeko's shoulder. They were watching a movie in their room and they were sitting up against (F/N)'s headboard on their bed. Yumeko knew that (F/N) was sick, but she wanted to cuddle with them, so (F/N) did what they could to make Yumeko happy.

(F/N) pulled away from Yumeko and coughed into their elbow. Yumeko sighed and rubbed their back. (F/N) suddenly rushed into the bathroom and threw up into the toilet. Yumeko frowned and went into the bathroom and held (F/N)'s hair back. Once (F/N) was finished, Yumeko wrapped her arm around their shoulders and pulled them closer to her. (F/N) began to tear up as they snuggled into Yumeko. (F/N) hated throwing up, so Yumeko hugged them and rubbed their back.

Yumeko picked (F/N) up princess-style and carried them back to their bedroom. Yumeko gently sat them down on the bed and covered their body with the blankets. She kissed (F/N)'s forehead before she walked out of the room to get (F/N) more medicine.

• • •

It had been a week and (F/N) was still sick.

Yumeko had done all she could think of to make (F/N) feel better, but none of her efforts worked. (F/N) insisted that they were going to be okay, but Yumeko still didn't believe them. She was beginning to get very worried and talked to (F/N) about setting up an appointment with a doctor, but (F/N) didn't want to see one.

"Baby, I'm going to be okay, calm down," (F/N) said as Yumeko paced back and forth in front of them. (F/N) had vomited again earlier today, and Yumeko was still trying to convince them to see a doctor. Yumeko sighed and ruffled her hair. She turned to (F/N) and sat down beside them. (F/N) smiled at her and gently grabbed her hand and entangled their fingers together, making Yumeko smile.

• • •

(F/N) was not doing too good.

They were pale, sweating, coughing, and they had been vomiting more frequently. Yumeko wouldn't take no for an answer and demanded that (F/N) saw a doctor. Before (F/N) could even answer, Yumeko was already getting them into the car and drove off.

• • •

(F/N) was now in a hospital gown and sleeping in a hospital bed. Yumeko was sitting beside them and was rubbing their hand with her thumb. Yumeko began to tear up as she looked at (F/N)'s sleeping figure. Yumeko leaned over and placed a kiss on (F/N)'s forehead. She smiled through her tears and cupped their face and gently stroked their cheek with her thumb.

• • •

Yumeko was pacing back and forth with tears streaming down her face. (F/N) had to be taken into surgery, and Yumeko could not handle it. She was in the waiting area for at least two hours. A doctor came into the room and looked around before he spotted Yumeko. He walked over to her and gently grabbed her wrist and took her to his office. He sat her down and and closed the door behind him. He sat across from her and gently took her hands into his.

He looked into Yumeko's eyes with a frown. Yumeko was crying even more now. The doctor sighed and squeezed her hands.

"I'm so sorry."

Requested by DiversionWrightings
Hope you liked it!

I got kinda lazy towards the end, and I'm so sorry about that!