10

Carmen's pov:
After I have eaten my delicious treat, i smile widely at my parents that simply have been watching me as I ate without a word said.
„How were you Strawberries little love?" Papa asks me and smiles even wider after I answered him that they were very yummy. His triumphant smile only gets ignored by daddy as he leads the way towards the living room where the others all have been waiting patiently. Their serious faces already told me that they need to discuss some important stuff with me. My parents however act as if they can't see that and take a seat with me in the middle like nothing was wrong at all.
„We should talk about the elephant in the room I suggest." nonno says and smiles reassuringly at me. Letting me know that it is an important topic but nothing to worry about.
„That sounds quit alright I have to say." Aro nods in appreciation at nonno for breaking the tense atmosphere.
„Since your guys daughter is our darling mate, we should be talking about how we will go on with this." Marcus says. His eyes laying calmly on me though. As if he knows that I am still worried about what will come out of this talk.
„Wait a second. What do you mean with how we will go on with this?" uncle Emmet asks suspiciously as he moves closer towards me. Both his mates quickly following his lead.
„They want to discuss the possibility of her moving to Italy with them." papa deadpanned with only badly hidden hatred to them for even thinking about it. At hearing that information, i tightly hold onto my parents hands in pure fright. Not wanting anyone to take me away from my family. How could they even think about that!? My family always told me how mates are there to love on you and make you happy! So why are mine so mean!?
„That's not quit the full story Edward." Marcus yet again says calmly while Aro and Caius growl lowly at the disrespect they got shown by papa.
„We already talked about the fact that my principessa is too young to get turned and too young to leave her family as of right now. We as her mates of course want her close, yet we also understand that it's overwhelming for her. We understand and we are going to do what is best for her. None of us want to urge her into anything she is not ready for just yet." Marcus calmly says. Completely ignoring his brothers growling and papas disrespect. For him it seems to be more important to get everyone within this room on the same page, which I definitely appreciate. Papa and daddy too, since they calm down a bit.
„We were thinking of staying as long as we possibly can to get to know our mate. Sadly, that won't be for as long as we wish and long for, but we will take every second we can. We also were hoping, that you as her parents, will allow us to leave her siblings here to keep an eye on our dear mate in the time we can't be here." Marcus further goes on. Seemingly taking advantage of the fact that everyone was still staying quiet so he keeps going even more.
„Maybe you will be even willing to sometime visit us in Volterra? We would truly love that idea. But we also know that that's your decision to make. All of you after all have been looking out for your daughter for a very long time now and as far as I can see, I would say you have done rather good. Which I will be forever grateful for, just like my siblings surely are." he ends his statement with yet another loving smile towards me, after he has specifically looked at my parents throughout his speech.
Both my parents seem to need a bit longer to comprehend what exactly Marcus just said, but I smile happily. Happy that they understand that I need some more time and happy that they also know that my family is a huge part of me and how they have looked out for me ever since that fateful day in the woods. As papa clears his throat slightly, all eyes go towards him. Expecting an answer that could change that conversation to a fight rather quickly.
„I do have to say that I appreciate that you along with your brothers know that our daughter needs some more time before she can get changed. We also will be happy and glad to have her siblings stay by us as well. It's not only nice to know they will look out for her as well, but nice that she will be able to connect with others around her age. Especially so since all those nasty humans around here were assholes because they are jealous of her." papa softly ticks of every point Marcus has made. When he however started to swear daddy gave him a stab to the side.
„How often do I need to remind you to not swear in front of our baby girl!?" he asks him incredulously while i simply giggle. Those two really are like cat and mouse on times.
„My apology babe, but you know that this is exactly what they are!" papa apologizes yet adds with a knowing look in his eyes.
„Anyway." Papa says after pecking daddy's lips to make him forgive him for his prior statement.
„We will Welcome you guys here whenever. Yet we aren't so sure if we feel comfortable enough to visit you guys in Volterra." Papa says with an apologetic look. The growl from Caius is threatening but Marcus quickly makes him shut up.
„Be quiet brother. Let them explain why they aren't feeling comfortable about visiting us. They after all are completely fine with us visiting our love here. So let them explain, they might have a rather valid point. They have kept our angel safe for years, maybe they simply have more insight then us." he stated matter of factly. Stunning the whole room in shock that he stands up to his brother to help my dads.
„We, as Marcus correctly figured, are by no means worried about meeting the three of you wherever. We simply worry that some other vampires might hurt our angel." daddy says now instead of papa. And even I know what he truthfully means instead of hurt, they are afraid some other vampire might kill me. Which would be rather easy for as long as I stay human. The quick and understanding nod from Caius and Aro make me sigh in relief that they won't be mad at my parents any longer.
„Told you they might have a valid reason." marcus simply states and winks my way to make me giggle again.