Chapter 19 - Room of Dolls

Cough Cough Cough Cough

Honey: "I'm soggy..."

Trois: "We must have triggered one of the traps."

Honey: "What gave it away?"

Uno: "Damn, what a pain in the ass... Jinx, are you okay?"

Jinx: "Yeah... thanks, Uno..."

He smiled and ruffled my wet hair.

Uno: "When we get out of here, I'm gonna teach you how to swim."

I smiled and nodded.

Uno: "Hey Jyugo, you're okay, right? Jyugo?"

We looked to see him lying motionless on the floor.

Jinx & Uno: "OH MY GOD!!"

Honey: "What?! How could he drown that quickly?! It doesn't make sense."

Trois: "How would someone so helpless be able to get us out of our cells? He can't even swim."

Jinx: "So what! I can't!"

Trois: "Well, you're still little."

Uno: "Shut up and give him CPR or something!!"

Honey: "No, you should be the one to do it. You're his friend."

Uno: "I can't do that! You know we have to sleep in the same cell!"

Honey: "Then make her do it!"

Jinx: "What's CPR?"

Honey: "*sigh* Never mind."

Trois: "Stop wasting time. We'll have to do rock, paper, scissors."

Uno, Honey & Trois: "Ready? Rock, Paper, Scissors!"

Uno and Trois did scissors, and Honey did paper. He reluctantly knelt down next to Jyugo.

Honey: "I lost. But what's the point? I'm sure he's dead by now."

Uno: "Pucker up and get it done, man!!"

Jinx: "Come on, ya big baby!!"

Honey: "Fine! Alright... I won't forget this..."

...........................

Jyugo sat up and Honey was wiping his mouth.

Jyugo: "Why... am I tasting perfume?"

Honey: "You're paying for my therapy, heathen."

Jinx: "So dramatic...... wait... Nico!"

I tried to stand up, Uno held me close.

Uno: "Sorry, Jinx... we can't go back now. We'll just have to hope that what Trois said was right. Hope that he is with Liang and Upa."

I frowned and nodded. Trois stood in front of some writing on the wall that said 'Gogyousan Underground Level 2'

Trois: "It appears as though that wave washed us into the underground's second level. I wish we knew what was coming next. The building seems to be laid out just as Liang said it would be. But I feel like it's too quiet. I wonder why we haven't come across any of those dolls yet."

He started walking along the wall.

Honey: "Trois, why are you hugging the wall? Do you think you'll find something?"

Trois: "Yes. I don't know, just call it a hunch."

There was a part of the wall that looked like it could open.

Trois: "This is it. I wanted to see it for myself. Jyugo, would you mind opening this door for me?"

Jyugo was distracted in his own world when Trois took his arm and pulled him over. He opened it and we walked in. It was pitch black.

Uno: "Where the hell are we?"

Honey: "I can't see anything."

I held my nose.

Jinx: "Ugh, what's that smell?"

Trois: "Wait a moment. I'll get the lights."

Trois turned the lights on, and we looked up to see a lot of the zombie dolls hanging from the ceiling. Uno and I were about to scream before Honey covered his mouth and Jyugo covered mine.

Honey: "Do you want them to wake up first...?! Stop screaming...!"

Jyugo: "Shh, it's alright. They're... sleeping, I think."

I nodded and he took his hand off my mouth. I took a couple shaky breaths. Uno pushed Honey off and turned to Trois.

Uno: "What's wrong with you?! You want these things to rip us apart?!"

Jinx: "Uno, they will if you keep shouting."

Trois: "I believe this room is used to store and maintain these dolls. Let's take a look around."

Uno cried.

Uno: "Does this place turn you on or something, you sadist! Let me out!"

I pulled him down to my level and gently stroked his head.

Jinx: "It'll be okay... Just stay quiet and we'll be fine."

Trois: "If we figure out their internal structure, we might come up with a way to beat them."

Trois went and knelt down next to an open box where one of the creepy dolls lay motionless. I flinched a little when he lifted up its head.

Trois: "Let's see here."

He started rooting around in the thing's chest. I felt a little sick as we heard its innards squelching, and the dead smell wasn't helping either.

Trois: "Seems that one could insert various weapons."

He pulled something out.

Trois: "It's quite impressive. The body was made not unlike our own. It's comprised of materials similar to skin and veins."

Uno and I covered our mouths, feeling like we were going to throw up.

Trois: "Though, this one is decomposing a bit."

He fully opened it up revealing, blood, guts, and something else. It looked like a little metal box.

Trois: "My goodness. I won't be getting into that. Not without tools. Admittedly it's a brilliant design."

Honey: "Riveting. Now that you know the colour of its innards, are you done? Stop playing with dolls and help me find Kiji."

Jinx: "Trois, that's gross. Cut it out."

Trois: "Forgive me. A little longer."

He pulled the small box out.

Trois: "My, my, what an interesting discovery..."

He looked a little too excited about it.

Honey: "That's enough. He acts the same whether it's woman or machine."

Uno: "I think Trois needs to find a new hobby. Let's give him some privacy and see ourselves out."